Big Silver Easter Morning Hunt!

NCToad for the win! 😀👍 Nice Walker. Remember what TID it was? Got a Truman dollar this morning that was a 95. And a massive silver shell to boot. 🎉🏆

I love those old hose sprayers, you can get them working again fairly easily.

Great hunt! Guess you're liking the D2. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, F350Platinum said:

NCToad for the win! 😀👍 Nice Walker. Remember what TID it was? Got a Truman dollar this morning that was a 95. And a massive silver shell to boot. 🎉🏆

I love those old hose sprayers, you can get them working again fairly easily.

Great hunt! Guess you're liking the D2. 🙂

Thanks Bob!   That half ran up 96-97 but it wasn’t a clear tone probably because of a roofing nail that was in with it.  

Btw, all the old rusty nails sounded good in deep hc.  I had my disc at -6.4 so no disc at all.  I think my reactivity was at 2.  I’ll eventually figure out the tone nuances of rusty nails!   Lol

• Like 1

Always nice funding big silver. Gets harder and harder to come by these days. Congrats 

19 minutes ago, NCtoad said:

Thanks Bob!   That half ran up 96-97 but it wasn’t a clear tone probably because of a roofing nail that was in with it.  

Btw, all the old rusty nails sounded good in deep hc.  I had my disc at -6.4 so no disc at all.  I think my reactivity was at 2.  I’ll eventually figure out the tone nuances of rusty nails!   Lol

Same problem with nails and big iron. 😵 What I did was switch to Relic, but I think it eats coil battery as fast. 🤬 However, I dig almost no iron. 🤗 I want to use Deep HC, but I'll have to fiddle with it more. Relic was the easy way out 😀

1 hour ago, NCtoad said:

Great finds, but why torture yourself and run no disc?  Let the disc work for you to better ID and filter the iron (using the horseshoe display).  If you want to hear the iron you can still use iron volume WITH disc (except in full tones - in that case I try to run with disc between -2 and 0).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

Great finds, but why torture yourself and run no disc?  Let the disc work for you to better ID and filter the iron (using the horseshoe display).  If you want to hear the iron you can still use iron volume WITH disc (except in full tones - in that case I try to run with disc between -2 and 0).

Thanks for the tips!  I was also running park mode in full tones with disc at 8 and 8-35 notched out.  It ran much quieter of course.  I need to get in the habit of checking the horseshoe meter.   I did double check some of the deep hc signals with the park program I had set up.  Some of those nails sounded pretty good in deep hc and I couldn’t resist.  Lol

• Like 1

That made for a nice hunt. Spoon is old. New internal O ring and that hose sprayer is better than anything you can buy today. All my condom finds are Three Merry Widows. What kind of house did you say used to be there? Interesting place.