Tarsacci Gold Ring Setting

thanks fellow diggers, Today i was looking for Gold with the Tarsacci- i worked on some settings for it. and came up with a setting for finding Gold rings wich ignors small foils and yet hits hard on small gold rings, as deep as 8 inches deep , and gets normal size Gold at 8 and 9 inches deep . when i was working out the settings i found the pull tabs where coming in 2 inches deeper than the Gold Rings so i found the sweat spot that actually dropped the depth of the pull tabs and increased the depth of the gold rings so that they now are both comming in at the same depth, this is the setting on the Tarsacci i used for todays hunt , of course i found no Gold but just tabs and some larger can slaw but the small foils Gone , and in a school basseball field that is a big deal , now the tarsacci will not just be silent on the small foils , it will see right thrue then and hit a gold ring and i mean way below the foil Tarsacci Gold ring setting 5 gain, threshold -1 to -3 black sand on , salt balance 47, and using 18khz ,  and by the way, please share your setting for finding Gold rings.

• Like 4

Those look like very good settings for what you described. The MDT is very deep even with modest or even low Sensitivity levels if you keep the Threshold up some. I am curious about how important Black Sand ON is to your desensitizing the pulltabs. I know it really helps with stability & better TID but will cost you small target fringe depth. Can you tell any difference over a target between BS on/off?

On 4/17/2022 at 8:53 PM, JCR said:

I am curious about how important Black Sand ON is to your desensitizing the pulltabs.

For what it is worth, my experience is that black sand does not affect the aluminum as much as the iron bits, bad soil, and EMI. To me BS helps with masking effects in bad ground and junk. Salt balance is more useful for taking the edge off aluminum, but only the thin and small pieces. Can slaw and tabs will remain.

Black sand is very useful to my mind and I leave it on all the time. SB at 43-45 works well for me. Threshold at -9, Sens at 2-5 depending on conditions like surface trash. In heavy trash, keeping the power down seems to help take the edge off the junk. 

I hunt in very very junky places. Parks and sports fields mostly, lots of nails and bolts and Bobby pins with pull tabs and can slaw. These are the settings that work for me. 

Tarsacci is my favorite detector ever for tough conditions.