Reg Wilson Scores A Deep Colour

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/26/2022 at 2:32 AM, Elijah said:

Well done guys!

Back home. Missed this post-

Many thanks Ilya for the proto 22" CC you sent us for testing two years back. 

It has repaid its value many times over since then-

Looking forward to testing the 26" CC proto as soon as you X Coil guys can organise it.

For those who may not know, X Coils have now relocated to Kazakhstan. Google for website-

Thanks again, and congratulations on your current ancient gold coin find with your trusty GPX 4000!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/3553656301344280

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 5/13/2022 at 4:08 AM, jrbeatty said:

For those who may not know, X Coils have now relocated to Kazakhstan. Google for website-

Thanks again, and congratulations on your current ancient gold coin find with your trusty GPX 4000!

JR,

I missed this posting and I like that they have a new location.  I thought I had missed out on an opportunity to get a concentric coil from them but now I'll have to look into it further.

My trip times and numbers are very limited now but given the production you and Simon have shown with those coils I could certainly justify a purchase to compliment my 15x10 Spiral Xcoil.

You found some nice gold there.

Mitchel

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, jrbeatty said:

Best deep gold setting used (found by testing on undisturbed gold in situ) Xtra Deep/normal/full gain/very low threshold/smoothing off.

Very interesting, JR. I have not tried  "Bogene's type" settings with Xtra Deep. What volume setting did you use (not threshold volume)? Does that really eliminate most small surface targets? 

Thanks, and awesome finds!

GC

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Gold Catcher said:

Very interesting, JR. I have not tried  "Bogene's type" settings with Xtra Deep. What volume setting did you use (not threshold volume)? Does that really eliminate most small surface targets? 

Thanks, and awesome finds!

GC

Hi GC:

It certainly does. Bear in mind that those settings are applicable for the 22"CC. I have no idea how they would work with other coils.

Volume setting about half way but also bear in mind I use a Sennheiser RS160 cordless headphone system (with two separate volume controls in addition to the Z internal volume control) and run with the built in "Z" WM12 transmitter turned off.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, jrbeatty said:

Hi GC:

It certainly does. Bear in mind that those settings are applicable for the 22"CC. I have no idea how they would work with other coils.

Volume setting about half way but also bear in mind I use a Sennheiser RS160 cordless headphone system (with two separate volume controls in addition to the Z internal volume control) and run with the built in "Z" WM12 transmitter turned off.

Many thanks, JR. Yes these settings are probably ideal when using a big CC coil. I don't have access to these coils, so I will try this with the regular DOD including the smaller NF-Zsearch. Far away from ideal (due to much smaller size and DOD configuration), but I am curious to see what difference it might make, regardless. Thanks again!

GC 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Northeast said:

@jrbeatty and @Reg Wilson - is there another nice 'colour' that needs to be added to the thread?   Saw something on P.A.   

NE:

Saw a lovely 4.5 oz deep colour on the X Coils FB page today found with a 22"CC but not mine unfortunately 😢

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1