Reg Wilson Scores A Deep Colour

Relic hunters already know this, but I’d think that many who search for nuggets and natural gold would have dismissed detecting in those plowed fields like the one Reg found that nugget.  There are probably several disturbed places like roads, plowed and fallow fields, etc, where many detectors just simply haven’t been because we (beginners at least) just assume that the area is too disturbed.

I know I would have dismissed it, but not anymore! Good job Reg, you showed many of us not to assume and dismiss the types of areas one can find natural gold!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, GotAU? said:

Relic hunters already know this, but I’d think that many who search for nuggets and natural gold would have dismissed detecting in those plowed fields like the one Reg found that nugget.  There are probably several disturbed places like roads, plowed and fallow fields, etc, where many detectors just simply haven’t been because we (beginners at least) just assume that the area is too disturbed.

I know I would have, but not anymore! Good job Reg, you showed many of us not to assume and dismiss the types of areas one ca can find narural gold!

There are a few places with worked fields I’d love to have a go, but the junk to gold ratio scares me off (aswell as them being private property).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sheppo said:

There are a few places with worked fields I’d love to have a go, but the junk to gold ratio scares me off (aswell as them being private property).

Certainly ask the property owner like Reg obviously did! That’s a great photo of the two together like that.

• Like 3

Reg knows this area well and has found gold in adjoining public land.... being geologically wise, he knows full well which direction the gold was headed. Experience pays off 👍☺️

• Like 5

You guys sure are finding some amazing gold right now but at the same time, I know how hard you are working to get it.  Keep it up as it usually doesn't  provide quite so well like recent.  Mums the word to the locals until all is gridded both ways and then some.  Well earned.

• Like 3