Any Prospecting Inspired Art Or Artists?

1515Art

7 hours ago, strick said:

Thought that looked familiar. Never knew the name of the creek.. I thought it was part of Howards creek. Off to the right out of the picture are some rocks I usually hide my keys under lol. 

Nice work Clark looks like you are doing well. 

strick 

Chuck, ha ha I was going to put the keys in but didn’t want to give up your spot so, cats out of the bag now… luckily my Ah’em artwork looks about as much as any one stream as a persons imagination will allow, but generosity’s appreciated. Plus, I misspelled Haskell I only used 1 (L) so your spot is probably still a secret.

I’m doing pretty good, the dogs not limping, lol I hope that’s not slang for something sorry don’t want to offend anyone here. I decided not to give her aspirin although it would have saved me $150, we took her to the vet got some pain and anti inflammatory in a couple days she was fine. God forbid anything should happen to that dog my vet has the keys to my bank account.

• Haha 1

• 9 months later...

Nice painting

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/18/2023 at 11:17 PM, 619_805_okie said:

Here's some artificial intelligence detecting art i queued up! Imperfect but fun!

Frog-metal-detecting-in-the-water-illustroke.png

Wow, cool… any story?

On 3/19/2023 at 3:01 PM, Beeper Bob said:

My old stomping grounds Santa Rita Flats Mazourka canyon.

Bob, that’s a beautiful place to stomp around it was cool watching the jets buzz the canyon too, someday be nice to get back for another look around.

10 years back I was exploring around some club claims above Sierra City and snapped a picture of gold lake or what I was pretty sure that was the right name the lake basin area has a lot of small lakes concentrated in a small area. I used the picture as a basis for another try at painting and doing a search for gold lake images a picture from the 1940’s showed up from the same general direction but a little higher up the hill than I’d stopped to take mine.

E4144DF3-B14C-4ECB-AC65-7770E444D23E.thumb.jpeg.9a19eb1583f1538907bdfa42ddee75b6.jpeg

The angles are not exactly the same but enough the hills and shore line are pretty similar considering I was only roughly following reality. My picture was a gloomy day too way darker than I painted but cool I think some mining operation was being explored back then too and we both paused to admire Gold Lake, lol… but think of the gold out there in 1948!

Anyway, my second attempt at trees

381E4E94-259E-4A58-A315-D39A0B7E38F7.thumb.jpeg.6d8970f8810e731f2b689f70b77866a5.jpeg

My out metal detecting series Gold Lake, lake basin California.

• Like 5

• 6 months later...

I wanted to give gold lake another try and see if I couldn’t do a little better on it at least on the perspective. So I went back, cut down a few trees… took another picture, lol.

IMG_0970.thumb.jpeg.7a4aad10157c5683b76aadaf67751cdd.jpeg

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...