Nugget Hunting Nevada With Steve And Steve

3 hours ago, abenson said:

All the detectors running their gold modes experienced coil knock issues which was the result of the alkaline soil not allowing the VLF's to ground balance correctly.

Was that using Ground Tracking?

30 minutes ago, GB_Amateur said:

Was that using Ground Tracking?

Tried tracking on the Equinox, didn't make a difference.

• Like 2

I've been saying for a long time VLF's ID small gold as iron, it happens here all the time and I'm in mild soils by comparison to some, many of my nuggets start off with a very bouncy Iron ID and later as the nugget gets closer to the coil improve to be more stable.  It's only the more sizeable nuggets give a good ID the entire time.  As much as PI's are dig it all machines gold prospecting, so are VLF's if you want to do the best with them, they just help you skip the big obvious iron targets.

• Like 6

Andew,  Sorry I couldn't get over the hill to meet up with you and the Steve twins but as you know I was trying to keep my customers focused on learning their detectors.  

Great write up/read and video on the trip for you all.

It just amazes me that for all these years of your detecting, you found more gold nuggets on 1 trip than ever before.  I can only think the capabilities of the GPX-6000 is most of it as well as your good coil control.  Now location is the other key and being able to Swing with (not just 1, but both) Steve and the ground they hunt is a huge bonus.

I'll have a GPX-6000 in your hands before you know it now that you have the fever.

Be talking with you soon and thanks sharing the event.

• Like 2