Bottle Caps Feature On D2 :warning!!!

Bud-sc

On the new v7 update for the D2 watch out how much bottle cap filter is used. 4 and 5 will make gold rings sound like iron or make them sound horrible. After each update I always test my machines with a piece of Zeiss glasses wipe foil. This time like no difference did the same. Did the update to v7 then reprogram all my beach programs. Then did my test always start with the foil wrap first. Got a iron tone and ID of 04. I was like this is not good. So ok what happened?? I went back in changed the bottle caps to 0 and took the foil went back over the coil sounds great and a ID in the 30's. So finally I changed the bottle cap rejection to a 3 and still able to get the foil wrap at a very nice sounding tone. 4 forget it!!!! Sounds horrible!!! 5 sounds like iron!!! So went into my wife's jewelry box got all her gold rings I have find over the years. All of the diamond rings sounds horrible on 4/5 bottle cap rejection. On a 3 sounds great!!! The larger gold rings no real issues but diamond rings yes set back the reject to a 3. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

• The title was changed to Bottle Caps Feature On D2 :warning!!!

Great testing! I'll probably lower it to 3 today, thanks. Going after rings on the beach. 👍 Also looking for a stainless wallet somebody lost.

48 minutes ago, F350Platinum said:

Great testing! I'll probably lower it to 3 today, thanks. Going after rings on the beach. 👍 Also looking for a stainless wallet somebody lost.

If you're running version 0.7 update, try B Cap level 4 and 5 on the beach against similar targets then adjust to level 3 to see if you can replicate the ID issue Bud sc describes here.  That will be very intereseting.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, ColonelDan said:

If you're running version 0.7 update, try B Cap level 4 and 5 on the beach against similar targets then adjust to level 3 to see if you can replicate the ID issue Bud sc describes here.  That will be very intereseting.

Outta likes but sure will. No doubt I'll find more. 😀 I am still on the earlier version, I was going to bring a laptop just in case, it came out the day I got here. 🤬 I'm on the 3/11 update. Wish I could be more help. 

11 hours ago, Bud-sc said:

So went into my wife's jewelry box got all her gold rings I have find over the years. All of the diamond rings sounds horrible on 4/5 bottle cap rejection. On a 3 sounds great!!!

Good catch, and sound advice!  How about target breakdown at depth?  Did setting 3 seem to hold all the way down? 

true, at 4 an empty gold pendant inside gave a somewhat ferrous sound, while a solid gold object gave a fair sound, at 2 even rusty caps are recognized, so I leave it at 2

Using BC setting of 3, I've found it a pleasure on the dry sand and on the wet sand, however, the really deep bottlecaps don't "break up" until you get down closer to the target. 

I'll also say that with a discrimination of 8 and BC of 3 (using  Dive mode) I dug a mixed signal in the water which turned out to be a stainless steel ring. I heard a mid tone with some iron I don't remember the TID.

I'm still on the first update before the large number option came out. Sounds like I might want to just stay on that one for now. If it's affecting gold rings with higher bottle cap reject, not sure I want deal with that. I'll wait and see if XP figures that might be an issue and changes things up again. I'm perfectly happy with the way the Deus 2 is performing on the older version.

• Like 5