Nel Coils Question( S)

Questions regarding NEL coils for those that might know.----I understand that production of NEL coils has ceased at the NEL plant & service center (because of the war in Ukraine).-----Is the supply of these coils drying up that are in the "pipeline" (at distributors)?----Is the prices on NEL coils expected to increase because of this?-----Any info regarding this would be much appreciated.

The prices on Ebay have sky rocketed, a Snake coil has almost doubled in price.  Now they want $448 AUD to buy one for an AT Pro from Ukraine directly like I used to do, that's about $330 USD for their Snake which was the cheapest coil. 

I was going to be buying one for my AT Gold but I kept putting it off, now I'm not going to buy one for it as they're far too expensive.

1777735913_nelsnake.thumb.jpg.dfcc0164bf9b137b9dd40aa2d95faa61.jpg

I would say if you have local dealers with stock of the one you want, buy it quickly, it's only going to get worse I'm sure as they become even more rare, now they're not in production the lower the stock levels the higher the price.  It might be like Whites with the TRX, as soon as it's no longer available people pay crazy prices for them.

Thanks phrunt----That's about the same thoughts I had regarding this.----My wife & I both detect and I was able to just now purchase two Super Fly coils ($175 each) for us for our F-19s.----We already have two of those coils.-----They are just amazing the performance they give on the F-19s.-----I'm toying with the idea of picking up two Sharpshooters (for the 19s) also if I can find any reasonably priced.---Who knows if the NEL plant in the Ukraine will ever re-open --When Whites folded I was able to purchase 6 TRX pinpointers at that time before the price went up on them.----This should last us the rest of our detecting career.----I do something right once in awhile (I think)! :)-----Del

• Like 3

I have the Sharpshooter for my Gold Bug Pro which is the same as the F19, I also have the Fisher 10x5, the Fisher is the better coil of the two, more sensitive to small targets for some reason which is important to me, I'm not sure which is best on coin size targets as I'm only worried about gold nuggets.

• Like 1

I hope Russia will pull out of Ukraine soon. I feel bad for the people there.

I hope Nel coils will be able to make a come back.

I was hoping there would be Nel coils for the Legend but that's an unknown now.

A lot hopes in those statements.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom Slick said:

Nel and CORS Labs coils have the same parent company. The CORS coils should still be available. 

they're both made in the same factory in Ukraine.