Another Update Issue This Time With Ws6

Skate

So I finally resurrect an older windows based machine and begin the update. I updated the RC no problem and then started to update the WS6. I finally got it updated(it wouldn't see the 3 charge cord so I had to use a single) and then something weird happened. The WS6 somehow got stuck in the volume setting and no matter what I'm clicking or pushing it won't get out. Now I know I've said this thing is idiot proof but it takes one to know one so I may be the idiot here but I can't even shut it off now so I can begin the pairing process. I'm going withe the whole drain the battery thing so it's nearly 8 here and I'm hopeful sometime tomorrow it'll be empty of charge and I'll be able to plug it in and try to pair it and go hunting. 

Is there something else I'm missing here. I've held down the - button and it just turns the volume down. I hold down the settings button and it turns the volume down. The opposite is true of the two right buttons in that they each just turn the volume up. I guess I win the prize today.

IMG_1046.jpeg

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, 67GTA said:

Try holding down the minus and plus buttons at the same time.

You are a freaking genius! I’m now absolutely convinced the D2 is idiot proof. I spent a half hour sitting there looking and pushing buttons.
Best forum on the internet hands down. 

• Like 3

I wish the D2 was like an iPhone , plug in to charge and automatically via WiFi updates all on its own. No? Too bad

7 hours ago, Skate said:

So I finally resurrect an older windows based machine and begin the update. I updated the RC no problem and then started to update the WS6. I finally got it updated(it wouldn't see the 3 charge cord so I had to use a single) and then something weird happened. The WS6 somehow got stuck in the volume setting and no matter what I'm clicking or pushing it won't get out. Now I know I've said this thing is idiot proof but it takes one to know one so I may be the idiot here but I can't even shut it off now so I can begin the pairing process. I'm going withe the whole drain the battery thing so it's nearly 8 here and I'm hopeful sometime tomorrow it'll be empty of charge and I'll be able to plug it in and try to pair it and go hunting. 

Is there something else I'm missing here. I've held down the - button and it just turns the volume down. I hold down the settings button and it turns the volume down. The opposite is true of the two right buttons in that they each just turn the volume up. I guess I win the prize today.

IMG_1046.jpeg

If you have to turn off the ws6 manually, then it’s become unpaired via the update process.  If it’s paired it will turn off when you turn the remote off.  I had to manually (the process to do this is in the manual) re-pair mine after the update.  

11 hours ago, Skate said:

You are a freaking genius! I’m now absolutely convinced the D2 is idiot proof. I spent a half hour sitting there looking and pushing buttons.
Best forum on the internet hands down. 

Yeah, thanks to Steve for this forum. Years of knowledge hanging around here.¹ A lot of the other forums have descended into personal attacks and tribalism. 

• Like 2