First Rings And Turf Gold For The Deus 2

29 minutes ago, Calmark said:

This tiny gold band (.61 grams) rings up at "39" ID# above ground, so if you are after micro gold with the Deus 2, it is probably a good idea to dig targets that register in the 30's.

Best of luck to you fellow turf warriors going for the gold.  Battling turf trash isn't easy!

Excellent work! 

It would be nice to see some deep targets found with your Equinox, then compared to the Deus 2. Seems like you are getting proficient with both.  

• Like 2

Nice finds and don't let the wife see them.

Good luck on your next outing.

• Like 1

On 4/20/2022 at 9:50 AM, midalake said:

Excellent work! 

It would be nice to see some deep targets found with your Equinox, then compared to the Deus 2. Seems like you are getting proficient with both.  

Midlake,

Since I live in an area with severely mineralized soil, I have never gotten great depth with any previous metal detector I've owned, and neither the Equinox nor Deus 2 identify coins much past 4-5 inches in depth.  I don't see any real performance differences between the two machines.  I do find I'm starting to prefer the Deus 2, partly from being the newest to me, and also since I really enjoy the audio options.  I also find I can locate targets slightly faster with the Deus 2, so I end up digging more targets in a session.   I know the Equinox would have found both of these rings, though I don't think I'd have likely dug the gold one.

For those of you who swing an Equinox, the gold ring read ID# 4 and the silver one as an ID# of 21.  In general on the Nox, I tended to not dig signals below a "10", so I'd have missed the gold ring more than likely, partly I feel to the psychology of "10" being the cut-off for "good" targets in my mind, even though I know gold can read much lower, as it did in this case.  I think I do prefer the expanded ID# of the Deus2 since I can more easily see patterns in what ID# corresponds to the variety of targets I dig. 

• Like 7

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Congratulations on breaking that looong gold ring drought!