XP Deus II Observation In Mineralized Ground

Glenn in CO

13 hours ago, Glenn in CO said:

It was 87.

My ground I.D. is 92 on the Deus2. I’m able to pull coins out of the ground 7 inches.  

Your ground looks dry a good rain should help with targets.  

10 minutes ago, Denny said:

My ground I.D. is 92 on the Deus2. I’m able to pull coins out of the ground 7 inches.  

Your ground looks dry a good rain should help with targets.  

Ground ID on Deus does not necessarily correlate at all to ground mineralization level.

13 hours ago, Glenn in CO said:

Six bars.

Yep. Thanks.  That is moderately mineralized ground alright.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chase Goldman said:

Ground ID on Deus does not necessarily correlate at all to ground mineralization level.

What would be your go to program for high mineralization and modifications if any to that program to try.

2 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

Yes, phase and mineralization strenght are not connected each other. In these screenshots my Deus showed low phase but high strenght...v3i, on other soil, ferrous phase and very low mineralization strenght..DD5E3103-F316-4F9C-8BF2-CC7450DE5EBD.jpeg.b0bdcf6bcf590f840b1f6afd6e35c1ba.jpegB6A06140-7778-4C41-BDDB-04923EDA8FFE.jpeg.277c2b08fc5ed2a1163c7b7694e5e4ef.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Glenn in CO said:

What would be your go to program for high mineralization and modifications if any to that program to try.

Glenn - still trying to figure that out.  It depends on my primary target of interest (e.g., High conductive coins versus mid conductive jewelry, relics, or nickels), my depth objective and how much modern and ferrous trash is present.  Right now, if going as deep as possible regardless of target type, Deep HC is my go to.  Followed by Relic and then General.  I adjust reactivity consistent with whatever separation is needed, but keep it no lower than 1 to limit ground feedback.  I’m partial to pitch tones but will often switch between pitch, full, and 5-tones to interrogate targets and for dealing with modern trash (e.g., can slaw reveals itself better in full tones).  I tend to avoid the ferrous filters (BC reject, silencer) but do use disc (between 6 and 10 in pitch and multi tones, and between -2 to +2 in full tones (FT), though I may change that FT disc now that 0.7 has incorporated FT iron volume). I set IAR to 5 in Relic mode.  I may change my philosophy on no ferrous filters (BC reject, silencer) based on the ver 0.7 tweaks to those filters.  Basically, it is still a work in progress.  With this approach I demonstrated reliable target ID on a minie ball target down to about 7.5 inches in Deep HC with full bars showing in the mineralization strength meter.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

Glenn - still trying to figure that out.  It depends on my primary target of interest (e.g., High conductive coins versus mid conductive jewelry, relics, or nickels), my depth objective and how much modern and ferrous trash is present.  Right now, if going as deep as possible regardless of target type, Deep HC is my go to.  Followed by Relic and then General.  I adjust reactivity consistent with whatever separation is needed, but keep it no lower than 1 to limit ground feedback.  I’m partial to pitch tones but will often switch between pitch, full, and 5-tones to interrogate targets and for dealing with modern trash (e.g., can slaw reveals itself better in full tones).  I tend to avoid the ferrous filters (BC reject, silencer) but do use disc (between 6 and 10 in pitch and multi tones, and between -2 to +2 in full tones (FT), though I may change that FT disc now that 0.7 has incorporated FT iron volume). I set IAR to 5 in Relic mode.  I may change my philosophy on no ferrous filters (BC reject, silencer) based on the ver 0.7 tweaks to those filters.  Basically, it is still a work in progress.  With this approach I demonstrated reliable target ID on a minie ball target down to about 7.5 inches in Deep HC with full bars showing in the mineralization strength meter.

Thanks for your input and suggestions. I'll try these and see if I can come up with a combination that will work in my area. It would be great if I can get the Deus II to ID around the 7 inch depth area, as it is a lot easier to swing than the TDI. 😄

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Glenn in CO said:

Thanks for your input and suggestions. I'll try these and see if I can come up with a combination that will work in my area. It would be great if I can get the Deus II to ID around the 7 inch depth area, as it is a lot easier to swing than the TDI. 😄

Experimentation is the key.  I got different results at two different "full bar" mineralization sites.  Seems soil and mineralization type (or perhaps soil moisture content) makes a difference as I lost about an inch of ID depth at one site vs. the other (a couple hundred miles apart from each other).  Even though both sites just pegged the mineralization strength bargraph on the D2, I don't think one site was more mineralized than the other because the results flipped in different ways for different detectors (i.e., Nox beat D2 at one site and it was just the opposite with D2 beating Nox at the at the other hot soil site with the performance difference between D2 and Nox being about an inch...weird).  Just different mineralization/soil constituents, I suppose, causing the different detectors to behave in different ways.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

I don't think one site was more mineralized than the other because the results flipped in different ways for different detectors (i.e., Nox beat D2 at one site and it was just the opposite with D2 beating Nox at the at the other hot soil site with the performance difference between D2 and Nox being about an inch...weird). 

Interesting! Thanks for the insight on the performance between the Nox and D2. Hopefully others who have both machines will chime in with their experiences.