Legend Not Sounding On A Metal Screw

Why won't my Legend sound, in all metal mode, on a metal screw or washer unless i put it in a single tone? I even went over a  metal tent stake and it doesn't sound off.  If I have it in either 2 or 4 tones it hits all other stuff great and if i wave the screw or washer over it, I hear a very very faint tone.  Any thoughts.  I am using V1.07.  Thanks

• Like 1

I haven’t been able to load 1.07 yet so I am not a good source.

What is the volume level of the iron tone in 1.07?

In my house where there is plenty of EMI, in Park M1 using the all metals target IDs accepted (A) discrimination pattern, I can wave some modern washers and screws over the 11” coil and get non-ferrous and ferrous target IDs that are all over the place and almost sound like the EMI background noise. They are steel alloys and that doesn’t surprise me much. Other washers and steel tent stakes give fairly consistent iron responses.

Jeff, all I can tell you is my Volume is at 4  .  Is there a volume for just iron?  If its in single tone, it sounds off really good.

• Like 2

All target bins using 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6 tones can have each bin’s tone volume and tone pitch adjusted individually.

Using a single frequency on alloyed steel targets will force the detector to try and pick a single tone response. Using multi frequency will allow the detector to give more than one tone/ID response if it gets a good look at the steel alloy target. The audio can be broken up with a bit of space in between ferrous and non-ferrous responses as the Legend tries to give multiple accurate responses of those alloys of steel. Those are audio “tells” which can be very helpful identification tools with experience.

• Like 1

Where is your tone break set in 2 tone? Iron volume needs to be set also.

• Like 3

I'm learning, OH BOY.  LOL  I stopped and read the instructions again after your posts and you guys are on the money. Default first section in Park is set at 2 volume and in field and beach its default at 1. I bumped my first section (1-10) up in volume and it beeps out well now.  Thanks a bunch,  Joe

PS, a lot to learn here. 

• Like 3

I haven't learned all the setting yet :). Your doing good.

• Like 2

I used to my Fisher Gold Bug Pro.  Basically turn on and go…. I kinda like the idea of alllllllll the adjustment’s on the Legend.   Keeps my old mind sharp.  😆 

• Like 1

Yes, V1.07 reduced the relative Iron bin volume. I had to increase mine to 4 to get it the volume level I prefer. I was fine with 2 on V1.05.  They didn't seem to change the other tone bins.

• Like 3

To any of you newbies to the Legend are wondering why its not toning Iron in all Metal,  like I was, with the help of the great folks here, I figured out that iron tone is set way low in V1.07.  I went in and adjusted the volume for segments 1-10 and saved it and now all is well.  Went out to my Test yard and again am very happy with the Legend.  

Joe

PS,  Iron in Park, Volume is only 2, in field and beach its only set to 1. I bumped to 8

• Like 4