Would You Like Fries With That? A Nugget To Match My Chicken Drumstick Nugget :)

Great finds and great story.  We all know how much you love KFC.  I hope you and J.W. got a decent meal on the way back home.

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Kodiak said:

Great finds and great story.  We all know how much you love KFC.  I hope you and J.W. got a decent meal on the way back home.

Thanks 🙂 Funny you should say that, we normally always go to KFC after gold detecting at this spot as KFC is only about 10 minutes down the road but this time we decided we'd get a Chinese buffet, except JW forgot it was a Wednesday and they don't do the Buffet on Wednesdays so we got there and it was empty, so we then thought we'd go to KFC so we marched up to the door drooling and KFC was shut for indoor dining as they didn't have enough staff so only drive through was open, but it had a massive queue so we thought we'd die if we didn't eat soon and didn't want to wait for the drive through so we went to Subway and I got myself a chicken footlong sub, and JW got a pork rib footlong sub.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Good on you guys for the gold finds! And doing it "injured" makes you both diehards!🤕

I used to get severe leg cramps during the night, when I would sweat too much working all day, and not replacing enough water and electrolytes in my system! JW needs to eat more bananas, and/or have a glass or two of Gatorade, or Pedialite (I prefer the sugar free Gatorade; strawberry kiwi, or orange, myself) before bedtime to avoid those leg cramps! Much safer than potassium supplements, unless doctor approved! 👍👍

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I was just desperate to do it, JW goes all the time, I'm more of a part-timer and go when I can get an opportunity, he's lucky that he lives so close to gold prospecting areas he can just jump on his Ebike and go for a detect, I've got a 2 hour round trip to my closest spots which are where he lives although I guess many would consider that close. 

I have had the same thing happen with a leg cramp waking me up in the middle of the night, happened a few years ago so I have an idea of the pain he went through. 

When I lived in Australia it wasn't unusual people drive an hour to work and an hour home, often more with the constant bad traffic, now I'm settled into NZ life a 30 minute drive seems big and a traffic jam is now getting stuck behind a slow campervan (motorhome) of tourists 🙂  Oh, how we adapt.

I just love gold prospecting, finding that little nugget is always something special, the fact it's been there forever and I'm the first to ever touch it.  Dinosaurs were wandering around and it was hiding there in the ground waiting to be found.  It's a real thrill finding a nugget.

• Like 5

Simon, great finds and glad to see you get them.

Good luck on your next hunt.

• Like 3