How Are Those Who Have The Legend Liking 60 Tones?

I only got out for very short time and I got to cold. It was 46F with the wind blowing.

I tried 60 tones and was I was liking for the short time I hunted. I'm going to try it more. Was hunting in sensitivity 30 and Field mode.

Only found what looks like part of rivet and a piece of tin. 

2.jpg

• Like 2

60 tones are fine for some types of hunting. I liked it for relic hunting. I did not like 60 tones very much for hunting in thick aluminum and steel modern trashed parks, just too much information.

People who do hunt in 60 tones, like the Equinox, you won't get all 60 unless you accept all 60 target IDs in your discrimination pattern.

Rick, I always ran my equinox in five tones but have run the legend in sixty tones and I’m really liking it. I especially like the sound you get on a deep coin with recovery set on three. HH! Tom

Heck, I’m still trying  to learn 2 tones…lol. I tried the 60 and I guess I’m the only one that did not really like it.  For me it’s just too much. Maybe as time goes by but, I just at this time don’t need that much info, I just dig.

• Like 1

Right now it feels there is more tone to it over a target. It seems louder that I like. I'll see if I like it over more targets. With the Equinox I never used 60 tones. I only used 2 tones. lol

I have not tried the 60 tones yet I learned my lesson learning the Xterra 705 in 99 tones for me it was like a symphony in my ears with the 705 so I have not ventured into the 60 tones on the Legend yet, I always felt like it was information over load on the Xterra 705 LOL

I may have to try it just to see

6 hours ago, Joe L said:

Heck, I’m still trying  to learn 2 tones…lol. I tried the 60 and I guess I’m the only one that did not really like it.  For me it’s just too much. Maybe as time goes by but, I just at this time don’t need that much info, I just dig.

Two tones is the best way to learn the audio of the Legend.   Best way to learn to balance the signal and use the coil to examine targets. 

cjc

• Like 2

I have used 60 Tone a bit so far & like it. I set the TB@7 so I guess I'm using 53 tone. I can notch out the Tab range & Zinc cents if I want. It gives a good audio picture of the targets under the coil.

• Like 1