Looking For Rings Using The Ctx3030

This is to you guys with CTX experience.

I am giving up hunting Civil War relics for a while and concentrating on finding rings in tot-lots, volleyball courts and old baseball fields. Of course I will take any silver I find, but I am really after rings.

Any hints, suggestions on determining rings from metallic trash? Skippy SH13 Friendly Metal Detecting  forum has good luck finding rings in landlocked areas. He uses AT Pro and AT max now.

He states: When you target gold, you consider each piece of trash you come across and rule out anything that is likely NOT to be Gold.

Of course I know rings can ring up from 01 to 36 on the CO scale which makes hunting rings a challenge.

Do you know of any tricks like determining silver coin from clad coin switching between FC & high trash and 50 tones?

Always looking to the experienced CTX users for help.

John

Well I don't know how experienced I am but have been swinging  the ctx off and on since 2014 and have found quite a few gold and silver rings with it... I hunt in in combined mode/ferrous coin mostly and have custom disc programs that I got from findmall a long time ago. many of them are still there...I use target trace which is great for ruling out trash. I'd say dig everything from 12.03 on up...deeper targets will be in the 11 ferrous range so don't pass on them as long as the conductive numbers are in the .03 and on up...I'd say most of the gold rings have been in the 12.03 to the 12.12 range except for the big mens rings that go into the zinc penny ranges...the target trace usually looks great on a ring of any type and if I am cherry picking then I will only dig targets that give off the bright red dot. I will switch back and forth between the disc screen and wide open screen checking targets because you loose a lot of depth with the disc screen on...hope this helps and good luck 

strick 

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

yes this does help Thanks.