Deus II - An Outsiders Perspective And First Hunt

10 hours ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

I will say, I feel like the Deus II is easier to learn than I thought it would be and I look forward to this journey. I really like it so far. ...

Yes the Deus1-2 are easy to use , even for new users . This because these detectors do the job for you , they perfectly filter the irons and they are very reactive and accurate on targets . No need to continuously "translate" what the machines are telling you because their language is very easy to understand ... 

On the other hand I would not say that the Deus1/2 internal signal processing is simple btw , their softwares are probably quite complex with thousands of source code lines ... Their secret sauce .🙂..

• Like 3

Your first impressions match up with mine nearly perfectly.  I too researched the Deus 2 through watching videos and reading forums posts, so I knew what to expect and felt adept at using it after just a short time.  I also came from using the Equinox 800 and that machine helped prepare me a lot for the Deus 2.  

Performance-wise, I don't yet see a lot of difference in my severely mineralized soil between the Nox and Deus 2, since all machines I've used here don't ID coins well past 4-5 inches.  But, I really do enjoy the Deus audio and feel like I can very easily locate targets and get them out of the ground more quickly due to that.  Also, I never put the elbow velco strap on the Deus and find I have zero need for it.  To me, this makes up for the slight unpleasantness of the WS6 headphones since I don't have an arm cuff to contend with my long sleeve shirts when constantly setting down the machine to dig. 

Even after 3-4 weeks with my Deus 2 +9in. coil, I'm still having a lot of fun which motivates me to get out there and keep at it for extended time periods.  The larger VDI range over that of the Nox also makes things more interesting, as its possible to see patterns in what #'s pertain to certain trash items.  I dig more trash, but since its faster retrieval and I can focus on ranges within the aluminum band of numbers, I can also be very selective on the fly, depending on how my trash tolerance is at the time.  This has resulted in some great recent finds.  Digging trash eventually gets the treasure.

Good luck on finding something epic in the near future! :biggrin: 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Glad you like it....it's gonna have purpose in your arsenal...I see you were cursed by a mood ring...now your screwed I hate those &**# things... about as bad as a Chucky Cheese token 🙂 

strick

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Add me to the club please! 😀 My experiences with the D2 are almost identical. At first I dug a lot of junk until I got used to those scratchy tones... The light weight and ergo make it a joy to use. On the beach that bottle cap reject (it may be different in v0.7) is a lifesaver.

It kills on coins and silver, but it's weird with aluminum bottle caps. I can get past most of the pull tabs now but getting a 91 for anything other than a coin is just... Wrong. 😁 Oh well, the Equinox does similar stuff. I think with some creative notching that I can't do on the Equinox I can get rid of most tabs and still get nickels.

It's been fun spending a long time every day at the beach, valuable experience. With the Equinox my junk tally is a lot lower, but will improve over time with the Deus.

Excellent post!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Great report CPT-GhostLight. I will keep checking on your progress and hope you continue to enjoy Deus 2.

• Thanks 1

Very nice! 👌

• Thanks 1

Nice report.  I like the cup-and-saucer charm.  Is it silver plated copper?  Also, do you know what that badly deteriorated item at upper right is?  Appears like it might be hand forged, given what looks like many layers of iron.  Even the hex nut (?) below it seems to be coming apart in a similar manner.  I take it those were from the old railroad bed.

• Thanks 1

Thanks GB! I think the tea cup charm is plated, no stamp. The large iron thing is a transformer of some kind. It is very heavy. All of the heavily rusted things, as well as the older looking tin and lead pieces, came from the railroad bed.