Beach Hunt Day 7 - Getting Cleaned Out

Hit the beach again today, sorry @Valens Legacy, I took the Deus 2 again. I had a chat with my mentor last night and wanted to try some tweaks.

Got out early, nobody there, blah blah. 😀20220421_071210.thumb.jpg.5ed9657d206f5f70e63a784fea2592d9.jpg

It wasn't a great morning, but it wasn't too windy either. This is the other side of the pier toward the two hotels.

I hunted that side for a couple of hours, really didn't find much but a few pennies and a couple of bullets. Don't know how they got there, they were all .30 caliber and in the same place. I dug two and quit. One thing I've observed is hotel beach is a bit different than general parking beach. 🤔 I found more snack junk and foil and bottle caps at the hotel beach.

Went back on the other side of the pier and did a little better. I wasn't using salt sensitivity right, I thought turning it down made it less sensitive, apparently it's the opposite. 🤪 Cranked it up to 9 and got busy. After the first rusty bottle cap I also cranked bottle cap reject to 5.

It seemed like I was hitting better targets, but I also got curious and dug odd signals. The trash is kinda wild:20220421_130528.thumb.jpg.10bfd9502e8f21c2360cd10fb51cb227.jpg

I sight picked almost all of the bottle caps, but those huge beer jug caps are a 91. 😵 The yellow box is a Mario Brothers Coin candy box, it was such a strange tone I had to dig it. Still had the candy wrapped up in it. The two big bullets are under the sinker, and that's a really old copper ship spike. I would have hated to be on the beach when someone fired all that ammo there! Maybe it was from a replenishment place that is a rifle range. 🤔 Got some more ship copper, very common on these beaches, and the usual stuff.

Beach take today:20220421_131821.thumb.jpg.e27f6a7c283de1637d689aa02ef35459.jpg

$1.63 in clad and Zincolns, most of it seemed like fresh drops. Two earrings, both .925 silver with stones, a worthless American Eagle snap, and a Saint Anthony medal.20220421_170938.thumb.jpg.ea9367ffc93929eedae8cd594f88564c.jpg

Saint Anthony is ironically patron saint for the recovery of lost items 🙄 it's aluminum.

I was glad to get more silver, one of the earrings is again gold plated:20220421_170638.thumb.jpg.2c64d0ebe3600d0305986151410f9c95.jpg

But clearly says 925 on the stud.20220421_170656.thumb.jpg.2919353fae743d5f685645537d8c6ed7.jpg

The other was a shocker, got this unrecognizable loop of crud when I dug  it, but it's silver with stones and you can only put it on one way to make them all show. Women have it rough 😀20220421_170911.thumb.jpg.0dd87bbbdfe1a007b1bf082d40fa9885.jpg

It's really ratty but clearly says 925 again. Must have been there for a long time.20220421_170923.thumb.jpg.2a8ebf959b492af739944cecaed4b95d.jpg

Most interesting thing was the arrival of a somewhat notable YouTuber when I was about done. I guess detectorists are a competitive lot, none of the three I saw today really wanted to talk or have me in their spot. 😁20220421_113914.jpg.3a2e185109bdb61f2b2c56a267be60f5.jpg Despite them I did okay. Hope they found something!

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Gold will come. Looks like fun hunting the beaches.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Rick N. MI said:

Gold will come. Looks like fun hunting the beaches.

Thanks!

Honestly after 8 days of this I'll be ready to get back to the relics. 😀 Got one more day. I'm sure I'll get gold eventually!

• Like 2

Nice going, you got more silvers and that ship spike is so cool! Well done... And you got to see some Youtubers in their natural habitat! 😄

With all the large caliber machinegun bullets found along the Atlantic coast from WWII airplane and gunboat practice, the beach must have been a scary place to hang out back in the day. 😲

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

Nice going, you got more silvers and that ship spike is so cool! Well done... And you got to see some Youtubers in their natural habitat! 😄

With all the large caliber machinegun bullets found along the Atlantic coast from WWII airplane and gunboat practice, the beach must have been a scary place to hang out back in the day. 😲

Hope it was imported sand. 😀 The bullets were about 6-8" deep in sand 3 feet below high tide. When I went back that way I noticed the YouTuber dug a couple.

Guess I'm an amateur but I think it's good to speak to people. If I find something in front of them I tell them they brought me luck. I excuse myself for blocking their view. Gotta always watch what they're doing, had to stop and wait for some bridesmaids taking selfies. 😅

• Like 1

The nice little silver finds (and others) are adding up for you! I always like the spikes and copper down here, as I know they have some good age on them! Up there they are probably more common, like bird's teeth!😁

I'm sure some of the "YouTubers" feel like any interruption, or potential "fans" are hindering them, or trying to hone in on there "market share" or spots; their loss!!!  I've met some very nice, and helpful, well known treasure hunters at the TC beaches (No YouTubers yet, as far as I know!) most all are regular friendly people, with few exceptions! Of course they are not gonna give up there "secret spots", but they are respectful, and sometimes very helpful!! 

Good luck on your last days their! Stay safe!🍀👍👍

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Another nice hunt and it seems as if you are getting better with your new detector.

Just remember every once in a while to turn on the NOX and talk to it so that it won't feel left out.

Good luck on your next hunt and get some gold.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Valens Legacy said:

Another nice hunt and it seems as if you are getting better with your new detector.

Just remember every once in a while to turn on the NOX and talk to it so that it won't feel left out.

Good luck on your next hunt and get some gold.

Thanks, it's my last day, I'm taking the Equinox. 🙂

• Like 1

18 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

Saint Anthony is ironically patron saint for the recovery of lost items 🙄 it's aluminum.

I heard it only works if the person who buys the medal isn't a cheapskate.  Aluminum??  Geez, no wonder the owner pitched it.  How much longer are you at the beach?  Seems your old homesteads have better stuff (or at least old stuff), although sterling silver is always satisfying for me.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

How much longer are you at the beach? 

One more day, we're out of here tomorrow. Got one more wrap-up post. 😁 

Can't wait to get back home to the relics, got a new permission with a cool story if the landowner will let me divulge any of it. Otherwise I still expect to post some cool stuff. 😀 No one has ever approached this guy, he is really a generous person. Big farm. Big house.

• Like 1