Whats This Thing?

Did you find it in a field? I found lots of big iron in the farms I hunt until I learned to "tune it out". 👍 Hard to speculate without something to compare its size to. Location context helps too.

By tune it out I mean ignoring iron tones, and sometimes you have a setting that helps. Falsing stuff takes time to recognize but you almost never get away without digging some. 🙂

And of course sometimes you might want a particular iron relic. 😀

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, F350Platinum said:

Did you find it in a field? I found lots of big iron in the farms I hunt until I learned to "tune it out". 👍 Hard to speculate without something to compare its size to. Location context helps too.

By tune it out I mean ignoring iron tones, and sometimes you have a setting that helps. Falsing stuff takes time to recognize but you almost never get away without digging some. 🙂

And of course sometimes you might want a particular iron relic. 😀

Yeah, I found it in a field, kind of pasture like spot.

I run in all metal mode and dont dig all iron targets, but this one screamed. I think it is a little hand forged something. 

24 minutes ago, Dirtshark said:

I think it is a little hand forged something. 

No doubt, and the better forged, the more it will false. 🙂

I was finding terms of what I called "field oysters", they were plow tines, they look like an oyster shell.

Depending on its size yours could be part of a field slitter of some sort. Look like it has a bolt or pin on the widest end, a replaceable part.

• Like 1