Beach Day 8 - The Beach Is Wiped Out - With Wrap Up

How do I seem to always miss the in between numbers? Last time it was beach hunt 6 now it's beach hunt 8 😄 I can't keep track of you. 😉  I never trust some of the You Tubers. They probably plant some of those rings.  That beach looks flat and sanded in. It would be tough going for sure. You did well finding anything at all. Too bad about the EMI. Unfortunately that is where the 800 would have helped you out a lot. Using single 20khz or 40 khz would have diminished the problem, but you would not be using the beach programs, perhaps gold or field programs. Are you going to post a final total round up picture of all the find together??

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, schoolofhardNox said:

perhaps gold or field programs

Doubt Bob could get them stable in the wet sand, though, so he would be limited to the dry sand in that case.  

Gotta love those juice bottle round foil freshness seals, heh Bob? They ring up as a suweet sounding solid 7 on the Nox.  But get used to disappointment.  Lol.  Because there are a heckuva lot more of those around than the sweet 7 reading gold rings you wish they’d be…someday.  I feel and have felt your pain.

OK, Bob, time to quit fooling around picking up beach trash in GA and get back up to Virginia and do some “real” detecting with me for relics and old silver where even the old trash is historic and interesting. :laugh:

Wishing you guys safe travels back home.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, schoolofhardNox said:

How do I seem to always miss the in between numbers? Last time it was beach hunt 6 now it's beach hunt 8 😄 I can't keep track of you. 😉  I never trust some of the You Tubers. They probably plant some of those rings.  That beach looks flat and sanded in. It would be tough going for sure. You did well finding anything at all. Too bad about the EMI. Unfortunately that is where the 800 would have helped you out a lot. Using single 20khz or 40 khz would have diminished the problem, but you would not be using the beach programs, perhaps gold or field programs. Are you going to post a final total round up picture of all the find together??

Thanks for the vote of confidence! 🙂

Yes, since at least one person is interested 😁 I'll do it when I get home, got a 600 mile 12 hour trip ahead. 🤔 True I guess, the 600 cuts off at 15kHz, it's been useful in campgrounds but was useless here. I had to stay in Beach 1 and lower sensitivity near the pier and hotel. After that I could crank it up.

The Deus is quiet nearly everywhere. 🙂

• Like 3

1 minute ago, F350Platinum said:

The Deus is quiet nearly everywhere. 🙂

Well if the Deus runs quiet AND gets excellent depth, that would be a huge gain over the Nox. But if the depth is reduced too much, it ends up being similar to the Nox with low sensitivity settings. It will be very interesting to see which one it ends up being.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Chase Goldman said:

Doubt Bob could get them stable in the wet sand, though, so he would be limited to the dry sand in that case.  

Gotta love those juice bottle round foil freshness seals, heh Bob? They ring up as a suweet sounding solid 7 on the Nox.  But get used to disappointment.  Lol.  Because there are a heckuva lot more of those around than the sweet 7 reading gold rings you wish they’d be…someday.  I feel and have felt your pain.

OK, Bob, time to quit fooling around picking up beach trash in GA and get back up to Virginia and do some “real” detecting with me for relics and old silver where even the old trash is historic and interesting. :laugh:

Wishing you guys safe travels back home.

Those things drove me nuts, that and gum wrappers. 1-8 is dig all, 12-15 also, and honestly anything between 1 and 16, the 16-18s are usually silver, but also sinkers.

I got a big thanks from a volunteer group for getting the bottle caps and sharp wire, they really appreciate us. I pretty much talked to anyone that approached me except people that were sarcastic, unlike some people 🙄 all the other detectorists were furtive and secretive. If this were home I'd have got 10 more permissions 😁

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, schoolofhardNox said:

Well if the Deus runs quiet AND gets excellent depth, that would be a huge gain over the Nox. But if the depth is reduced too much, it ends up being similar to the Nox with low sensitivity settings. It will be very interesting to see which one it ends up being.

😀 It will always be both, but in different places. That Equinox with the 10x5 is a hot knife through butter as long as there is no interference. It's also much harder to screw up than the Deus, it's more of a grab and go. 👍 

I can't really say yet which has more depth. The 10x5 really surprises me.

• Like 4

Nox is overdo for a software update, if there are any more! Probably gonna be in the "next" iteration!😵 That would hopefully help calm down the EMI issues!

Have a safe trip home Bob!🍀👍👍

• Like 3

I think that the Nox was jealous of being the last detector being used, but did find some nice finds for you.

Drive safe home and have some fun in the fields.

How much did the pendant weigh, and is it gold or silver.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• The title was changed to Beach Day 8 - The Beach Is Wiped Out - With Wrap Up