Beach Day 8 - The Beach Is Wiped Out - With Wrap Up

16 hours ago, schoolofhardNox said:

Too bad about the EMI. Unfortunately that is where the 800 would have helped you out a lot. Using single 20khz or 40 khz would have diminished the problem, but you would not be using the beach programs, perhaps gold or field programs.

15 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

True I guess, the 600 cuts off at 15kHz, it's been useful in campgrounds but was useless here.

1518626110_Screenshotat2022-04-23113436.thumb.png.78c271800eada25983e1902135de1165.png

I forgot about this particular difference between 600 and 800 models.   Compared to my EMI noisy sites I'm surprised 15 kHz didn't work for you.  When I get EMI (happened this week as I reported in a recent post) while dry land coin hunting I start with 10 kHz and work up until I find a quiet SF.  (5kHz has horrendously bad EMI for me and 4 kHz has such poor VDI inflation -- variable with depth -- that it's about useless when discriminating -- at least for me in my moderately ferrous mineralized soil).  I would think 20 kHz would be a good all-around gold jewelry frequency on low-mineralization (dry?) beaches when EMI is present but obviously the table above shows its limited availability, as already pointed out in this thread.

15 hours ago, schoolofhardNox said:

Well if the Deus runs quiet AND gets excellent depth, that would be a huge gain over the Nox. But if the depth is reduced too much,...

Are you referring to silent EMI?  That's one thing that people mentioning the good EMI mitigating properties of the Deus 2 haven't brought up as a possibilty, that I've seen.  Possibly silent EMI is the goblin in the closet -- i.e. not always present but persistent on the mind since your senses don't pick it up.  Maybe I should watch those Travel Channel ghost shows to learn some tips.  😁

• Like 4

3 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

1518626110_Screenshotat2022-04-23113436.thumb.png.78c271800eada25983e1902135de1165.png

I forgot about this particular difference between 600 and 800 models.   Compared to my EMI noisy sites I'm surprised 15 kHz didn't work for you.  When I get EMI (happened this week as I reported in a recent post) while dry land coin hunting I start with 10 kHz and work up until I find a quiet SF.  (5kHz has horrendously bad EMI for me and 4 kHz has such poor VDI inflation -- variable with depth -- that it's about useless when discriminating -- at least for me in my moderately ferrous mineralized soil).  I would think 20 kHz would be a good all-around gold jewelry frequency on low-mineralization (dry?) beaches when EMI is present but obviously the table above shows its limited availability, as already pointed out in this thread.

Are you referring to silent EMI?  That's one thing that people mentioning the good EMI mitigating properties of the Deus 2 haven't brought up as a possibilty, that I've seen.  Possibly silent EMI is the goblin in the closet -- i.e. not always present but persistent on the mind since your senses don't pick it up.  Maybe I should watch those Travel Channel ghost shows to learn some tips.  😁

Yep, Silencing the EMI response makes one think everything is fine, but it's usually with a high price tag - reduced depth. Now if the Deus II has found a way to not reduce depth too much, it would be a huge advantage.

• Like 3

oops!👍👍

8 hours ago, schoolofhardNox said:

Now if the Deus II has found a way to not reduce depth too much, it would be a huge advantage.

Any way to verify if thats possible? That would be a nice advantage!👍👍

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Valens Legacy said:

I think that the Nox was jealous of being the last detector being used, but did find some nice finds for you.

Drive safe home and have some fun in the fields.

How much did the pendant weigh, and is it gold or silver.

It's really small, has about 6 diamond chips in it. It was part of a larger one that broke off. 🙂 I'll weigh it but I don't think it is even a gram.

• Like 2

Hey Bob!!

We forget that you have a 600 sometimes!! Maybe one day, pick up a good used 800, and sell, or trade in the 600! Only suggest that, due to how well you have learned it's operation, and the extra features and frequencies may give you a few more useful tools for the hunt! Then again, may be unncessary, due to having the new Deus; time and use will tell!👍👍

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Joe D. said:

Only way to verify, would be to see the maximum depth where you are running and compare that to the machines known ability.  

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Joe D. said:

Hard to do, but I would be satisfied if I were in a high EMI area (that I hit hard before) and I ended up pulling deep coins there with the D2 That would be enough circumstantial evidence to convince me something good is going on inside that machine. Just the fact that you can pull some deep coins in a known trouble EMI area would be enough for me to be confident in it's abilities. Not scientific but does the trick.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/22/2022 at 6:59 PM, schoolofhardNox said:

Are you going to post a final total round up picture of all the find together??

Finally got around to doing this. 😀

20220507_091337.thumb.jpg.71353293a700c4c614ab4c40a198429c.jpg

This is everything I dug on my beach trip. 100 coins, $10.05 can be tendered, it's all new. The oldest dime was a 1967, oldest quarter 1983, oldest nickel 1970. The oldest penny is 1970.

2015 D Truman dollar on the extreme top left. 👍 that's the "rare one".

One of the chains is .925, the other is gold plated copper. I tested all the stones in the jewelry on the top right, only the small diamonds in the #1 are real, so its setting may be white gold but it was broken off the original piece.20220507_091427.thumb.jpg.4a318bca70062f96a8516aceb4e6e3fd.jpg

Got 4 rings, 3 costume and one .925.20220507_092352.thumb.jpg.c7e89ae4dd0826333ad1ed18c1bf3660.jpg

The hairpin is costume. Still curious about the 4 lead "bullet" sinkers, and the shark tooth earring may be silver wire. 🙂

• Like 5
  • Oh my! 1

• The title was changed to Beach Day 8 - The Beach Is Wiped Out - With Wrap Up