Beach Day 8 - The Beach Is Wiped Out - With Wrap Up

23 minutes ago, rvpopeye said:

My elbows hurt for you ! That's a lotta diggin'  !

WTG

It was spread out over 8 days, about 3-4 hours hunting every morning. It was a lot of scooping tho 🤔 😀

• Like 1

Some day I'll find a spot like that and will stay until I can't hold the scoop anymore ......🤩

Until then, my little finds pouch is VERY light on my belt.👍So , I guess THAT'S a win .....bad back too.  (It was all those amp racks , the EAW BH18s  and those damn Klipsch W bins that did me in..I got my roadies too late arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr )   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rvpopeye said:

Some day I'll find a spot like that and will stay until I can't hold the scoop anymore ......🤩

Until then, my little finds pouch is VERY light on my belt.👍So , I guess THAT'S a win .....bad back too.  (It was all those amp racks , the EAW BH18s  and those damn Klipsch W bins that did me in..I got my roadies too late arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr )   

I was always in local bands, but yeah the EV 18s were rough. Used to have a Fender Twin with the orange basket JBL's, not only was it the loudest amp I ever had, it weighed a lot. 🤣

• Like 1

The "bullet" fishing weights are very common down here, they're mostly used for fresh water fishing, I use them with plastic worms for large mouth bass fishing, the weight allows the "bait/lure" to free flow/float but keeps the bait down towards the bottom and or allows it to sink during a pause in retrieval, you thread the fishing line through the little hole with the pointed end facing forward, the weight also helps to avoid getting snagged when fishing in cover and bottom vegetation because of the pointed end.

For salt/beach fishing I generally use the pyramid type fishing weights because the don't roll around so much if at all from the surf/tide flows and thusly keeping your bait in the area you casted too.

• Like 1

Just now, Gold Seeker said:

The "bullet" fishing weights are very common down here, they're mostly used for fresh water fishing, I use them with plastic worms for large mouth bass fishing, the weight allows the "bait/lure" to free flow/float but keeps the bait down towards the bottom and or allows it to sink during a retrieval, you thread the fishing line through the little hole with the pointed end facing forward, the weight also helps to avoid getting snagged when fishing in cover and bottom vegetation because of the pointed end.

For salt/beach fishing I generally use the pyramid type fishing weights because the don't roll around so much if at all from the surf/tide flows and thusly keeping your bait in the area you casted too.

Thanks GS, I did finally notice the hole all the way through some of them. This was where the Savannah River meets the ocean but they may have use for that sort of weight there, I found many more than I kept scattered over a small area. Maybe someone dumped a box of them 😀 there was a Civil War skirmish that only lasted a few hours before the fort surrendered, first use of rifled cannon, but I knew these weren't old.

I use the pyramids as well and one called a "frog" in the Outer Banks for surf casting. 🙂 I don't do much freshwater so I didn't know.

The method I described using the bullet weight and plastic worm (it can also be use with other plastic baits) is called a "Texas Rig", here's a few photos of it rigged up, as stated mostly it's use for bass fishing but it can be use catch other species as well.

I guess it's possible that someone had their tackle box dump over and spilled out those weights or they were using them for some purpose.

Image result for texas rig fishing

• Like 1
  • Haha 1