Exploration And Windy Rocky Mtn Nuggets

Thats a nice haul and low trash to boot..looks like you have done your homework well. The nuggets are of the corn flake variety..which is interesting so I'll take a chance and ask a potentially dumb question since I am more of a detectorist then a prospector...what made them so flat? 

strick 

• Like 4

That's some excellent gold Jason, very flat pieces.  It's awesome you take your pooch along to every gold adventure, he'd love it.

The 8" and 15" Concentric are my two favourite coils too.

Thanks for the trash shot! It's good to see people showing their trash to nugget ratios! 🙂

• Like 4

Nice bunch of gold you found. Congratulations on your research paying off.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phrunt said:

The 8" and 15" Concentric are my two favourite coils too.

I think after I'm done exploring and mapping I'll go to one of these spots and work it out with the 6000, gridding. Then go run that 15" concentric over it and see what it pulls up that the 6000 missed, then try the 17" cc over it too. Not scientific by any means, just out of pure curiosity.. 

My elbow is garbage, so if that 15" cc keeps up with the 17" cc to some degree, then that's the only one I'll be using. I still haven't had a chance to run the 15" yet but its noticeably lighter in my hands.

A footnote for others reading this: I don't know if you can even still buy the X Coils in the US due to the geopolitical climate and all. But damn... that 17" cc is a weapon. I'm not exaggerating. It's like having my own personal GPZ 2 in terms of outright depth. I got these right after my last prospecting season ended, and didn't really get a chance to try them until recently, as I was mostly running the 6000 (it's definitely still my main detector though).

• Like 4

I think if you like the 17" you'll love the 15", it comes close to matching the 8" for small gold performance while having the concentric depth on the bigger stuff, you really need to put that 17" CC and GPX down and give the 15" a go next time you're out 🙂

The 15" CC is 1200 grams with skid plate (2.64lbs) so lighter than the stock GPZ 14x13" coil.  1360 grams (2.99lbs) for the 17' Concentric with skid plate, which is similar to the stock coil I believe.  I haven't weighed my stock coil, I don't even know where it is, out in the garage somewhere but I vaguely remember it being discussed as at 3lbs.

• Like 3

Great hunting with some very nice gold to take home.

Good luck on your next outing.

Nice looking dog.

• Like 1

I hear you on those loooong  audio hits.  Too bad there isnt a limiter adjustment to clip off the top end of the signal, as it really kills the hearing with headphones on.  Years ago I made a headphone adapter with a push-button switch that cut one of the audio leads. It helped save the ears when working trashy areas and you could still hear a slight bit of signal come through.

• Like 1