Lost Gold AT The Dead Man's Mine ** A Miners Journal ** Limited Edition Book

I have a limited edition book for sale. This book is based on a gold strike by a man listed in a government report in the 1960's.The strike occurred in 1936. I have changed the miners name but the gold amounts are in the range of the report estimate. The journal itself is fiction and should not be taken as a true story. These limited edition books are on 8 1/2 inch X 11 inch antiqued paper and is thick & unique. They are hand made by me per order and take nearly a day to make. There will also be some further information included with the book on this gold strike and what happened on the claim in the years after that is not on the forum posts. This book is for the true fans of this epic adventure and if I decide to come out with the commercial books under fiction they will be nothing like this one. Once again, the journal did not exist but the government report did. The journal was written by me as a fictional adventure story based off the report. The cost of the book is $80 & includes shipping in the 48 states. Please private mail me for ordering details. 

DISCLAIMER

Just one more post to clarify all of this : I have a printout of an official docket file with the contract number & docket number from the U.S. Dept of Interior Office of Minerals Exploration from 1966. It's a huge file and in a part of it they tell about a gold strike on one of our mining claims along the faultline. The person who made the strike gloryholed the area in 1936 and there is more on him in there as far as details about his claim & work performed and another person involved. I was also able to find out more about this operation by researching on my own. The report tells what ended up happening to this person as well. It also gives the rounded dollar amount of the strike which I converted to ounces and tried to keep fairly accurate. Even the report wasn't down to the exact amount of gold. I changed the miners name as well. The true story of his work is actually quite amazing and a once in a lifetime event for sure. All of this I can back up because I have it here infront of me. However, there was no actual journal kept as far as I know by this man but there was one containing work performed there by a mining company in the 1960's. Those records were kept by the president of the company and that is in the report I have. The journal I wrote here was based on these events in the report but is completely a work of fiction on my part. I just took a true story out of a report and made up an adventure out of it. Kind of like when a movie is made based on a true event but the action parts are made up by a writer. Or when you watch a reality tv show based on something that has taken place but all kinds of fictional events are added in. Also, there is still gold on these claims. The pictures I posted are real and of this area and are on our mining claims. I also think there is a tremendous gold strike waiting to happen there again because I personally believe this miner didn't get it all and I have some good reasons to believe this. 

So in looking back on this I probably should have set the entire beginning up the way I just stated in this post. I haven't sold a single book but when I filled out a copyright submission you have to check off a category. I checked fiction so there was no attempt at trying to sell it as the truth. I don't even know if I'll go to the trouble of self publishing this. At this time it's just a story in my computer but I want to protect it. As far as the special edition book I have on this site, I am proud of it. I have disclosed it as fiction as far as the journal goes. I have made ONE COPY so far & it is mine. It took me most of the day to make it. And the materials are expensive. So if anyone does buy one of these they will know it is fiction. The fiction is the adventure part of the entire thing. I also wanted to add a seperate story of the facts of the actual docket for readers because it's really interesting. It's all public record but it took me many days of researching our claims to come across it by accident. OK, done for now & hope you enjoyed reading it here up to now. Cheers.

IMG_20220423_110652.jpg

IMG_20220423_105847.jpg

IMG_20220423_105847.jpg

IMG_20220423_110007.jpg

IMG_20220423_111612.jpg

img419.jpg

• Like 9
  • Oh my! 1

PROLOGUE

img420.jpg

• Like 5

Included is some further info from the actual report from the 1960's that the journal was spun from.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, GhostMiner said:

Included is some further info from the actual report from the 1960's that the journal was spun from.

There will be a separate section called "BEYOND THE JOURNAL" which will include the actual story of what happened at the site as well as the further activity that took place by various miners that attempted to find more gold there. This information will come from the actual report. 

I am making these books one at a time. I just finished my second book and will now start to make them on order. It takes me all day to make one of them.