I Am Liking The Legend!

It's running very smooth. I am happy with the depth in my mild ground. It hasn't seen heavy iron yet. I plan on doing that tomorrow. I like the tones a lot better on the Legend than on the Equinox. I guess I'll find out how smooth it is when there is an iron bias for it and the iron bias set to 0.

I haven't found anything good yet. I'm going out tomorrow to a couple spots that have been hunted.

It is heavier than the Equinox but it feels good detecting with it. I wonder what it will feel like with 9" round coil and 5x9.5 elliptical coil. I would like the 9" coil light like the XP coil. 

Was thinking about getting the Deus 2 but I'm going to wait for the iron bias on the Legend and see what it can do first. Soon I'll be able to go in the water.

• Like 5

Almost giddy I received my Legend this last week from High Plains Prospectors.  I had already given my old Garrett Ace350 to my grandson on the previous weekend.  In two days I've collected a ton of non ferrous targets - oil lamps, clock parts, copper straps etx.  No coins yet but a number of 12ga shells.   One problem I'm having is I will detect a solid repeatable signal in the 44 - 51 range and set the detector aside.  I scoop out a shovel full of dirt and pick up the detector and there s no longer and signal of any kind in the hole or in the removed dirt.  Pin pointer doesn't find anything.  Put the soil back in the hole check it again no sound or indication at all.  This happened 4x today.  Really dry soil right now.  Any thoughts on what would cause a ghost signal like that?

• Like 1

I'm not sure on your specific ghost targets but I have had several that, once out of the hole are hard to find. They have all been small and thin low to mid conductor targets. The Legend does not seem to hit as hard on my 8" 45 degree Dime or 6" 75 degree Copper Cent as the Anfibio or Vista X, yet it finds tiny targets just fine, even with the stock 11" coil. Perhaps it's an on edge issue.

• Like 1