My Perspective On The Legend

I have held off for a bit giving my opinion on the Legend other then my initial thoughts when I first received it so here they are

here is my perspective on the Legend which I do own and have used quite a bit,the Legend was ok out of the box, once the 1.05 update was released to us it got a little better but not on beach according to what I seen and read I personally do not detect beaches and most likely never will unless Cali falls off into the pacific, what I seen in the 1.05 update was all good for me and the ground I detect, which ranges from low 80s to extremely mineralized mid 90s on Ground balance numbers, I have also hit some ground that ran 94-98 on GB numbers and was littered with hot rocks the Legend ran moderately stable on the conditions I detected with those GB numbers, but a littered field of hot rocks makes any detector run unstable and not pleasant to use those areas are what I have a Pulse detector for,but I wanted to see how the legend would handle those types of areas, then the 1.06 update was released which for me personally was not good at all, I had differentiating target IDs, just like Calabash showed in his video except had I not seen his video i most likely would not have seen those differentiating IDs simply because I stayed in Multi 1 or 15 KHz most of the time, the differentiating TIDs only occurred when you shut the Legend down in Multi 2 and re booted it back on it was strange to say the least, it also affected my tones simply because when it occurred it would literally throw a dime ID and a quarter ID into different bins and change the tones I had set up, I had a program set up just to detect IDs quarters and higher which means I had everything below 50 notched out when the differentiating IDs would occur a quarter would come in at 44 or 45 which is normally a dime TID, when it would occur you were literally walking past a quarter because of the way I had everything set up with my tone breaks and tone volumes and tone pitch I had it set up to make everything below TID of 50 to sound like garbage, I set it up the way I did because there are days I do not want to or feel like digging every dime and nickel and just want to get quarters or higher, I reported what I was seeing to Dilek and with in two days they came out with the 1.07 update to replace the flawed 1.06, so far with the 1.07 I am loving everything about it, the tones seem clearer, target IDs seem more stable and it seems to run even more quite to me, I also feel the 1.07 has a little more depth then the 1.04 and the 1.05.

The Deus 2 I can not comment on and even if I had one I most definitely would never do a comparison between the Legend and the Deus 2, that's just me though.

I do have friends that have the Equinox 800 and 600 the 800 to me is the only detector that the Legend should be compared to in my mind, because that was Nokta/Macros goal, I will say when my buddies and I detect together I do not and neither do they notice a huge advantage either way the Legend and the Equinox are vary similar in depth, and stability on the ground we detect, the one huge difference which is the one that swayed my decision to purchase the legend is the build quality difference and that one thing alone to me is the huge difference between the Legend and the Equinox 800

if I detected relic dumps I may have very well purchased a Deus 2 but I do not, so the Legend was the logical decision for me, I may sometime in the future have a Deus 2 but that is up in the air rite now as I feel the Legend is all I need to detect in the areas I detect, I will also tell you that I have purchased a second Legend Pro Pack because I like the legend that much, I wanted a second one also so if my wife wanted to attempt to detect i wanted her to have one to use when we go out, with her ailment for me it would be easier to teach her if she had the same machine in her hands as I am using and it will help her mind to keep working, and anyone that knows me will understand what I am saying about my wife.

sorry for the long rant

My wife and I got married towards the end of 2018 early 2019 April 1st 2019 was a day I will never forget her and I lived together off and on for several years before we decided we would tie the knot but April 1st 2019 my wife was struck by a hit and run driver while she was walking, which completely changed everything, it pretty much killed her memories so we take it day to day and just try to make the best of it she was also diagnosed with dementia which happened due to being hit by the hit and run driver so for anyone that was wandering about my last statement in my post about my wife there you go   

• Like 6
  • Oh my! 2

16 minutes ago, Tahts-a-dats-ago said:

What happened to your wife is horrible. I'm at a loss for words, but I feel great sorrow for what happened to the two of you.

it is what it is at least she is alive it could have turned out way different so I am just thankful she is still with me

• Like 6

• The title was changed to My Perspective On The Legend

I enjoyed you review,,, until the end.  I am so sorry for your wife and I hope the hit and run driver rots in…….

• Like 1

My prayers are with your wife.

• Like 1

Definitely thinking of you and your wife. I am glad you can come on here and share your situation with us too. I hope you can keep detecting more and more and that your wife will be able to go with you. The Legend is a very good, pleasant to use detector as you have found out. You made a good choice getter her one too. I hope you get to have some fun hunts soon.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jeff McClendon said:

Definitely thinking of you and your wife. I am glad you can come on here and share your situation with us too. I hope you can keep detecting more and more and that your wife will be able to go with you. The Legend is a very good, pleasant to use detector as you have found out. You made a good choice getter her one too. I hope you get to have some fun hunts soon.

that will be starting next week Jeff as I said we just take it day by day and I just try to keep her mind working and keep her smiling that has become my goal we will be moving to a area that has a lot of detecting areas to hunt several ghost towns and other things the house we are moving into has a park that is very old from what I have been told and no one has detected it from what I was told also, which by the way I find hard to believe so we shall see 

4 hours ago, Tometusns said:

Prayers for your wife and you. 

thank you for your prayer I am always up for those

4 hours ago, Rick N. MI said:

My prayers are with your wife.

thank you for your prayers also I can always use them because it has been a rough few years as of late but everything is starting to turn for my wife and I and all for the good

finally moving into an area that I believe we are going to like a lot since I had to sell our off grid property and finally getting to start using our side by side again.

• Like 2

My hunch is emi is a big player in the variations of ID's. If you have any of the frequencies getting spiked and the machine is trying to lock on then good change it will have difficulty or oftne lock on to a different number. Easy test is to try cycling through the single frequency modes to see how it behaves.

2 hours ago, kac said:

My hunch is emi is a big player in the variations of ID's. If you have any of the frequencies getting spiked and the machine is trying to lock on then good change it will have difficulty or oftne lock on to a different number. Easy test is to try cycling through the single frequency modes to see how it behaves.

I am a little confused by your reply Sir LOL