Nice Couple Golds

I offered to help find a ring …. which I didn’t find.  But you get that when people THINK they know where they lost it.  It was dry sand so I moved on out in the water.  I picked up some tiny targets… high conductors just to show even in the salt water the machine does well.   The one chunkier is 10.5 grams the other who’s stones are junk is 2 grams both 14k.  The odd piece is the one with 24 on it.  It has a CB on the back and both test strong for 14k. I use an earth magnet to test for SS…. NADA so I’m not certain what it is….. oh well.  6 hours in the water …. Pure fun.  By the way those tiny targets take effort when ya have a scoop with 1/2 holes.  Again a learned skill.

A2AB6CF1-C527-41FE-B159-9D63CDD78A43.jpeg

9E041CA6-7375-46B7-AEA5-888BBE023342.jpeg

• Like 8

9 hours ago, dewcon4414 said:

I use an earth magnet to test for SS….

Pretty sure 316 stainless is non-ferromagnetic, but not saying that's what you have.  Typical (most common?) SS is 304 which I assume is what you've found will give a slight pull with a strong magnet.  I'm pretty sure there are other SS's which are even more ferromagnetic than 304.  BTW, 316 is sometimes used in marine environments as it is less susceptible to saltwater degradation than 304.  There might be even better alloys for that purpose, though.

Back to the '24 CB' tag, it seems too small to be a check-in/out tag used for example at a swimming changing room.  I assume the (small) attach ring isn't ferromagnetic, either.  Not sure how much that infers, maybe just that it's high quality.  I look forward to you or someone else solving this mystery....

Oh, nice collection of loot!  Tarsacci MDT (in the right hands) continues to deliver, in relative obscurity these days, it seems.

Thanks Steve.  I alway use a piece of dental floss when using the magnet…. and it a GOOD magnet… it will rip your pants off near a car 😂.  You are right you get a slight nudge or twist toward it.  Can’t say I’ve gotten any SS that didn’t do that.  Also I’ve not seen that high grade SS turn color like this either.  I’m ok with there not being many MDTs on my beaches.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, midalake said:

BOOM, nice job!  When are you going to buy a Deus 2 so I know what breaks on it???? 

Ha ha ha…. I’m still on the sidelines for the Deus.  Hunting tomorrow with a friend and hopefully do a little testing with it.  Plus get my hands on it for a bit.  We will be checking some targets.   Not quite been enough reliable info on how it’s doing in the water yet…. Everyone seems to be getting and refining their settings.  I don’t see it as the perfect water machine based on how it’s made …. but seems to be gaining popularity for beach hunting.   By summer we should have a better handle on the overall machine and it’s performance.   I’m guessing you might not want it as a backup machine because of price and staying on top of the learning curve.  I like new machines but I’m not certain it will out perform the MDT in the water and the MDT I’ve learned and find it simple like the Xcal.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, dewcon4414 said:

I’m guessing you might not want it as a backup machine because of price and staying on top of the learning curve.  I like new machines but I’m not certain it will out perform the MDT in the water and the MDT I’ve learned and find it simple like the Xcal.

I don't want the Deus 2 [right now] for several reasons:
1. The rod is unhuntable in my location and a good replacement has not been made yet. 
2. The rear mount coil is a POS in wave wash. 
3. Cost
4. My testing, now from earlier software versions was clear that the D2 could only maybe match par with the Equinox in Horseshoe mode on the wet beach. Once the D2 lost TID on a target it was very difficult to get a 360 clean tone on nonferrous for idenification and recovery. 
5. Learning curves are no bother to me, but I would like to see a finished product at some point. 

That only leaves one location left on my beach where I would want to use the D2, active Wave Wash. 

I am on the sidelines waiting for the Legend to get into the hands of an experienced salt hunter to get a review of the Legend VS Equinox in active salt wave wash.  If it turns out the Legend can do better than the Equinox in wave wash that will be my choice. 

I am not so sure the Deus 2 can outperform MDT in moving salt water, I do know the D2 can beat the Equinox.
My time spent testing the MDT showed it was the best detector I had tested to date in moving salt. Too bad the coil wire was not longer, and the offset coil and price were other factors I passed on the MDT.  

HH to you Dew......

17 hours ago, dewcon4414 said:

Thank you.  You making any plans for a Summer trip to the beach?   Waters 77 in the Gulf.

I wish, haven’t been down there or ANYWHERE since just before Covid!

• The title was changed to Nice Couple Golds