Nice Couple Golds

Great finds Dew!

Do you have any guidance to recovering those tiny targets as they threaten to slip through the larger scoop holes?  I sometimes struggle with the same thing.  It can be maddening if you can't see it and aren't close enough to shore to dump the scoop on the sand.  Do you use a floating net, or some other method?

Love seeing the recoveries, keep em coming!

-Kerry

• 2 weeks later...

On 7/7/2022 at 1:28 PM, Walker1200 said:

Great finds Dew!

Do you have any guidance to recovering those tiny targets as they threaten to slip through the larger scoop holes?  I sometimes struggle with the same thing.  It can be maddening if you can't see it and aren't close enough to shore to dump the scoop on the sand.  Do you use a floating net, or some other method?

Love seeing the recoveries, keep em coming!

-Kerry

I’ll tell you what I did.  My scoop has 1/2” holes.  I took SS wire and wove it back and forth up to about 3 lines of hole in the V of the scoop.  That allows still for good draining and holds enough shells to keep small targets in the scoop.  If I’m chasing a small target…. I don’t shake the scoop until I get it high enough to get a hand under it to.  Rarely do I leave a target…. Even thou most of the time it wasn’t worth chasing

• Like 2

Yeah that makes a ton of sense.  At one point I was using zip ties in a similar fashion, but I like your idea of using SS wire better.  I appreciate the insight!  I can't tell you how many times I lost or couldn't locate a target that I knew was there!

Cheers!

-Kerry