XP Deus II Anomaly

Bob38

My first video so be kind. Program is based off of the Park mode. Its a modified 5 tone with the Disc set at -6.4 (basically a four tone with the first tone set at 120hz). The other tone brakes are up to user Preferance. Bottle Cap, Silencer,  and Notch set to 0. Reactivity 2.5. Save it to a custom slot and name it. Set a silver dime with two square nails on both sides. 

So here is what happens, I get a dime tone in most directions 360 degrees. Then I go back to the factory program (Park) and it only hits in two directions. I go back to my costom program and it behaves like the factory Park program (only hitting in two directions).  You have to restart the Deus II in this custom mode to get it to hit in all directions again. Any thoughts?

https://youtu.be/ZwdBKurAIeE

• Like 3

I can reproduce this with different programs and tones. It will pick out and ID (85) a dime down the barrel with two nails on each side of it. I'm scratching my head at the moment. Has XP accidentally figured out how to divide by zero through some software glitch? 

• Confused 1

This only works if you have -6.4 discrim. If you copy general or fast with normal discrim settings then it fails. The key is -6.4 discrim. You will of course have to adjust your tone breaks so the nails have a low tone. This is amazing! Bob38, you have stumbled onto something big.

• Oh my! 1

The only thing I can figure out is maybe a software glitch where the tones get mixed? As you rotate on it, the sound changes, but you can still hear the dime. It sounds washed out almost like the overload tone but the iron and dime tones are both audible in full tones.

• Like 1

Here is the active link.

Interesting program Bob38, I like your idea. Never used program 5 because I prefer other basic programs but your program edit is very interesting and the final result looks very good..  👍

1 hour ago, 67GTA said:

The only thing I can figure out is maybe a software glitch where the tones get mixed? As you rotate on it, the sound changes, but you can still hear the dime. It sounds washed out almost like the overload tone but the iron and dime tones are both audible in full tones.

67GTA the fact that you can hit down the barrel with no filters is impressive but you are missing the fact that if you shift back to the stock program and then back to the "magic" program the behavior disappears (it operates like a program with disc) until you can reset the remote - that's what Bob38 was pointing out.  I was able to replicate Bob's behavior both in terms of being able to hit the dime down the barrel and also that the custom program behavior changes simply by shifting out and back into the program, it looks like some sort of bug and is annoying because  1) it means you can't switch in and out of that program to interrogate a target and 2) there is no sensible explanation for the behavior, so it makes me lose confidence in the 0.7 update.  I am going to test to see if you simply tweak disc that you can "reset" the custom program without actually having to reset the remote.  That might indicate that something is happening to the discrimination filter when you switch programs.  Weird.  

• Like 2

I can understand no filters in the context of all metal mode, but the tones aren't separated. The nails will have the same tone as the dime. I didn't think it was possible to hit the dime in that scenario with today's technology and actually have separate tones. In my mind I could take the D2 to my worst sites and have no iron masking with this glitch. Am I on the wrong track? It's definitely a software glitch and might disappear with the next update.

• Like 3