Nice hunting, glad to see it paid off for you.

Good luck on your next outing.

• Thanks 1

Aye GC you have much patience way more than this fellow, 2 bits of rubbish in a row and I`m off faster than light, vowing to come back on the 30th of February ...........

• Haha 5
  • Oh my! 1

Had a similar experience with the SDC last season.  When I got my 6 I figured I no longer needed the SDC as I figured the 6 would cover anything and more than the SDC so I put it up for sale.  Nobody was interested at the price I wanted so the SDC didn't sell.  I had a spot I struggled with the 6 full of wet clay, lots of air traffic, and constantly changing coil positions detecting flat then vertical slopes, etc. The 6 was going bonkers and running wild the way it sometimes does and driving me nuts after awhile. A few days later I just wanted a nice easy day and didn't feel like doing battle with the 6 and thought I'd see how the SDC handled this particular spot. The SDC remained calm during the entire hunt like it always seems to do, found 3 nuggies, I wasn't mentally exhausted like I get sometimes using the 6 doing noise cancels, waiting on aircraft to pass, and having the 6 run wild on occasion?  Had a nice calm enjoyable hunt.  The SDC runs smooth as silk in my areas and it'll stay in the arsenal for those days I just don't feel like using the wild 6.......jmo's

PS....How did you attach your stand to the SDC?...I like it

• Like 2

2 hours ago, oneguy said:

PS....How did you attach your stand to the SDC?...I like it

Hi Oneguy. Indeed, for these situations that you describe the SDC is a good choice IMO. And, it is still a reasonably good detector that finds gold, albeit with a much narrower focus. I just wish they would come out with a more modern and ergonomically friendly version, while still keeping the MPF or something similar (without going for brute force). The stand came with the control box cover. You just slide the rod stand through the sleeve.

GC

https://www.ebay.com/itm/154921735979?hash=item24120e172b:g:DB4AAOSwPcVVt30x

• Thanks 1

I forget where I read it, but you could try lifting the 6K coil a bit off the ground when swinging in trashy areas to attenuate it’s sensitivity to the small stuff.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, GotAU? said:

I forget where I read it, but you could try lifting the 6K coil a bit off the ground when swinging in trashy areas to attenuate it’s sensitivity to the small stuff.

Interesting thought, I just would be a bit worried about EMI creeping in. I usually keep the coil as flat over the ground as possible.

GC

Have you tried using the 14” DD for making the 6000 less sensitive to tiny trash?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jeff McClendon said:

Have you tried using the 14” DD for making the 6000 less sensitive to tiny trash?

Thanks Jeff. No I have not tried the 14DD in this area, certainly worth a try. But from my previous times I have used the 14DD I can say that it remains remarkably sensitive to small gold, much more so than I would have expected.

GC 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Jeff McClendon said:

have you tried using the 14” DD for making the 6000 less sensitive to tiny trash?

The 14 inch might also be a bit too big for this area. I usually use it more in the open field.