My Thoughts On The XP Deus 2 After 50 Hours

Make you a stand like the one I made for my ORX and stop that falling over. It’s made out of hot water PVC and paint it black.

Chuck 

BC9EC284-B2F9-4CC9-AF4E-E37468ECEE7B.jpeg

0A80D6F5-DBF8-4432-9A89-6014B8DBFC35.jpeg

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Tahts-a-dats-ago said:

Well done review.

Very helpful.

Thank you! 

2 minutes ago, Ridge Runner said:

Make you a stand like the one I made for my ORX and stop that falling over. It’s made out of hot water PVC and paint it black.

Chuck 

BC9EC284-B2F9-4CC9-AF4E-E37468ECEE7B.jpeg

0A80D6F5-DBF8-4432-9A89-6014B8DBFC35.jpeg

That looks very functional Chuck. I fixed mine with some 3D printed parts. They work well enough, but just seems to me that XP should've given us a good functional stand from the factory. I may be nitpicking a bit, but to me, having my detector stand up on its own while I dig is kind of important. lol

deus-upgrades.thumb.jpg.dda78465805fc7ce6b160ac82727258a.jpg

• Like 3

You have to be careful with the 3D printed stand, they want you to squeeze the cuff legs to insert them, and mine snapped off when the legs slid in. 🤬 I super glued the broken piece and all is well. 20220425_135655.thumb.jpg.5fb6308e8e5f22481e2868128d88bb18.jpg

• Like 5

Just now, F350Platinum said:

You have to be careful with the 3D printed stand, they want you to squeeze the cuff legs to insert them, and mine snapped off when the legs slid in. 🤬 I super glued the broken piece and all is well. 20220425_135655.thumb.jpg.5fb6308e8e5f22481e2868128d88bb18.jpg

Ouch! Yeah man, I was a little nervous when I installed mine. I'm thinking about making my own version of that, which clips on a little differently.

• Like 2

The original shaft can't be factory fixed, because Xp using this stand for their other detectors like Goldmaxx, Gmaxx etc.

This exact stand dimensions are used for holding control boxes.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Rattlehead said:

Ouch! Yeah man, I was a little nervous when I installed mine. I'm thinking about making my own version of that, which clips on a little differently.

Let us know when you do! 😀

• Like 2

It’s a pain in the backside to buy a detector and the first time you sit it down it falls over like a dead horse. I won’t go out the door with one until I get that problem fixed.

Chuck 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

This is a great review, and I agree with most of what you like and dislike except the backphones. 😀 I like them. Thanks for posting your impressions!

• Like 3

• The title was changed to My Thoughts On The XP Deus 2 After 50 Hours