My Thoughts On The XP Deus 2 After 50 Hours

When I make mine I’m not trying to win any beauty contest. I just want it to serve the need what it should have had in the first place but they all about the same way inadequate.

Chuck 

• Like 4

• The title was changed to My Thoughts On The XP Deus 2 After 50 Hours

19 hours ago, Zord said:

The original shaft can't be factory fixed, because Xp using this stand for their other detectors like Goldmaxx, Gmaxx etc.

This exact stand dimensions are used for holding control boxes.

In that case, maybe XP should give the Deus & ORX their own arm cuff with a proper stand. 🙂

19 hours ago, Ridge Runner said:

It’s a pain in the backside to buy a detector and the first time you sit it down it falls over like a dead horse. I won’t go out the door with one until I get that problem fixed.

Chuck 

Agree 100%.

19 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

This is a great review, and I agree with most of what you like and dislike except the backphones. 😀 I like them. Thanks for posting your impressions!

Thank you sir. I tried to get used to the backphones but they just never felt comfortable to me for some reason. Maybe I have an odd shaped melon. I recently ordered a set of those Quest headphones that accept the WS6 puck. Looking forward to trying them out. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Rattlehead said:

In that case, maybe XP should give the Deus & ORX their own arm cuff with a proper stand. 🙂

Agree 100%.

Thank you sir. I tried to get used to the backphones but they just never felt comfortable to me for some reason. Maybe I have an odd shaped melon. I recently ordered a set of those Quest headphones that accept the WS6 puck. Looking forward to trying them out. 

I would do that, except I get such a degree of situational awareness from the backphones. Even at the beach with roaring surf. What would be even better is if the bone phones were wireless. Where I mostly hunt there are a lot of hunters, it is very dangerous. I have been shot at unintentionally.

• Like 2
  • Oh my! 2

1 hour ago, deathray said:

Best review of d2, I've seen yet! Go Dawgs!!

Thank you sir! Go Dawgs!

16 minutes ago, deathray said:

Is the d2 puck, same as d1 puck? Asking, because I have 3 pair of aftermarket for the d1

The D2 puck is different but I believe the clip is basically the same. I ordered a set of Quest headphones which according to the ad accept both the D1 and D2 puck.

51 minutes ago, Rattlehead said:

The D2 puck is different but I believe the clip is basically the same. I ordered a set of Quest headphones which according to the ad accept both the D1 and D2 puck.

That is correct, I just got a pair and the D2 puck works perfectly with them.

• Like 3

Just updated to v0.71 which was released today. Apparently it has several bug fixes. I haven't had a chance to try it yet but I noticed that my custom programs weren't deleted this time. Yay!

• Like 5