Feature Request: Please Make It Possible To Invert Depth Indication By Tone Volume

SwiftSword

I hope this makes its way to someone at XP. 

I detect mostly with the Deep HC program with Square Full Tones. I find myself straining to hear deep targets, while surface trash is incredibly loud. I understand this functions is a depth indicator, but I would love to have the option to reverse its direction, so that deep targets are loud, and shallow ones soft. I understand I can increase Audio Response to make the deeper targets louder, but that doesn't help with the shallow targets, and just makes everything sound the same. 

Thank you! 

Oliver

• Like 3

2 hours ago, SwiftSword said:

I hope this makes its way to someone at XP. 

I detect mostly with the Deep HC program with Square Full Tones. I find myself straining to hear deep targets, while surface trash is incredibly loud. I understand this functions is a depth indicator, but I would love to have the option to reverse its direction, so that deep targets are loud, and shallow ones soft. I understand I can increase Audio Response to make the deeper targets louder, but that doesn't help with the shallow targets, and just makes everything sound the same. 

Thank you! 

Oliver

Mr Swift

Over on the Friendly site in the All About Detectors section, a gentleman known as TNSS have been feeding suggestions to XP and is in communication with them. Copy what you wrote here and put it on his thread.

I think this would be a great feature as I hunt Deep HC in full/square audio too. Glad you brought it to light.

• Like 1

Interesting! But does the detector actually know if a deep target is actually a deep target or does it just know it is a weak signal? My fear is you may up having to listen to a lot of very loud small shallow targets if you invert the audio response if you are hunting in a modern trashy site.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Lodge Scent said:

My fear is you may up having to listen to a lot of very loud small shallow targets if you invert the audio response if you are hunting in a modern trashy site.

Isn't that what happens now?  If they were to include such a feature I assume you'd have the option of turning it on or off, so if tiny shallow targets overwhelm you, you'll have options.  Options are always good....

I posted a question a couple years ago about detectors having this signal strength audio amplitude inversion feature and the responses mentioned a couple detectors that did (I don't remember which ones, but they were oldies).  Apparently never caught on.

• Like 1

This is a right point of view. Anyway it would be an interesting feature! 

I don't understand why the xp in some programs like diving and beach you can't put the pwm audio but only square, this kind of sound is bad for this kind of programs ... why not being able to choose?

1 hour ago, fabio said:

I don't understand why the xp in some programs like diving and beach you can't put the pwm audio but only square, this kind of sound is bad for this kind of programs ... why not being able to choose?

Beach allows PWM or Square. Dive I assume was designed with the bone phones in mind so square is all that is needed. PWM would not work with bone phones. I also know the pin out for the bone phones are different than audio phones. If you connect speakers to the bone phone pins ( 4&5 ) you can only get square tones, no PWM. Speaker pin out ( 1&2 ) gives both PWM & Square.

C6298A7B-AF50-4757-858A-FDEEDAA704A7.jpeg

• Like 2

Proper Modulation...Hey Now  The higher you raise Audio Response the more shallow and deep targets will have the same volume, what you want to do is lower AR to get that depth modulation. Great tool, I run it low.

• Like 1