12 hours ago, strick said:

The Deus 2 is not a simple machine... at least for me as I feel like a pilot going through their pre flight check list every time I fire it up. I'm sure it will become routine soon. A few finds from 2 different spots. Two hunts total.

Nice digs for sure!!!  I am surprised there are not more coins mixed in your batch?  That is is whole lot of sizeable nonferrous targets you found! 

• Like 1

Looks like you're getting along with the french poodle just fine.   Love that spur, it's in great shape and even better, it's marked 👍

• Thanks 1

Nice finds strick, I would love to find finds like you have. Been just looking for gold for some time but becoming more of a fan for coins and relics lately.  

• Like 1

Those are great hunts! I feel your pain, only dug some pennies when I got some old buttons and stuff, but that was another detector 🙄

Can't wait to hit a fresh field with the Deus. You really got some awesome finds there. Most look like late 1800s to early 1900s. 👍

• Like 1

Those are awesome finds!   I’d be happy just finding one of those brass shotgun shells!   Lol  I’d be ecstatic finding a spur!

What’s your method for cleaning those finds?  Everything looks so nice.  

• Like 1

20 hours ago, midalake said:

Nice digs for sure!!!  I am surprised there are not more coins mixed in your batch?  That is is whole lot of sizeable nonferrous targets you found! 

Yea the spur spot has some bigger targets. It has probably not been hunted before or at least where I found most of those buckles. The area around the two structures that are there are fairly void of targets and I can see where someone may have been digging for bottles at some point and a couple possible dig holes. I'm not surprised that I did not find any coins because this is just a one house spot and I assume they were careful with their money.. But I will be back soon and give it another going over. 

strick 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

Those are great hunts! I feel your pain, only dug some pennies when I got some old buttons and stuff, but that was another detector 🙄

Can't wait to hit a fresh field with the Deus. You really got some awesome finds there. Most look like late 1800s to early 1900s. 👍

There is a house there late 1800's on the maps...the spurs were made by a fellow as noted earlier around 1911 a german dude...same year as the 1911 ACP. I'd like to find a coin so I can at least date it...the make up kit was early 1900's who knows how many families lived there...vary small spot... dry and barren I'd never take a women there lol 

strick  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, NCtoad said:

Those are awesome finds!   I’d be happy just finding one of those brass shotgun shells!   Lol  I’d be ecstatic finding a spur!

What’s your method for cleaning those finds?  Everything looks so nice.  

I like the 10G shells as well there was another that I drove my pick right down the center of in my junk pile. I keep the good ones as most are flattened. 

Cleaning...I know this is a touchy subject as some people like things with a bit of dirt on them still with a natural patina etc.. and so do I. I bought a nice big tumbler when I first got into the hobby...the reason was so I could tumble and clean all the clad  I was finding in the parks. I use aquarium rock, water, a bit of soap and sometimes some CLR.  Things I ask myself before I throw something in the tumbler are ...can it survive the tumbler?...is it valuable? will I ruin the look of it? and do I really care about this thing that much? Of all the things on the photos shown above the only thing of any monetary value is the spur...the other stuff is just stuff. There was a nice little intricate 5 leaf clover thingy that was some kind of piece of jewelry...it did not survive the tumbler and came out in bits and pieces. Basically what goes into the tumbler is modern clad and relics that I think benefit from a couple hours cleaning. 

strick 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Oh my! 1