3 hours ago, Dancer said:

What about the antenna ?     If your wading, say chest deep, how do you rig it to keep the signal?

This is how I did mine and I believe Cliff also. I coiled my antenna much like the CTX, then installed inside the shaft.

BCDE5C2A-ED54-4245-BAF4-C8680AB20678.jpeg

AC699537-64B9-4E63-BD72-99AAD447B35E.jpeg

B035698D-9AC9-46F6-9886-1EC4EB472A80.jpeg

• Like 6

21 hours ago, dewcon4414 said:

Let me start this off... Cliff if i miss speak please correct me.  I have to say i was impressed with the Deus on wet sand.  It got a bit more depth on some of the gold rings we tested.  These werent methodical tests.... drop a ring in a 14" hole and see what happens.  Cliff is also in the learning process..... but it helps hes a VERY good hunter and no matter the machine he knows a weak target others might miss. 

Build wise.... he bought the new upper shaft which is longer and stablized the lower from flexing in the water.  So the shaft seems pretty good even for water hunting.  He put the antenna cable inside the shaft..... nice.  He was using Tony Eisenhower phones.... which he had to turn down the volume on.   I did NOT swing the machine thou he offered.  I was more interested in seeing how it did.... ill save using it for another day.... when hes got it really dialed in lol.  Is still like to see those coil ears moved more toward the center of the coil to reduce coil flip, ear wear, balance, and breakage from leaning on it.  The way the shaft is made it appears more contact can be made by the locks. 

Clearly the Deus will get equal to of a bit better depth on the wet sand than the MDT.... thats saying something since the Nox fell a little short.  Thou again hes still in the learning phase and we were basicly air testing by dropping targets in a hole.  Some machines dont do well using this method.  The Deus CAN noise cancel out the MDT and didnt appear to create silent EMI like the Nox did reducing depth.  So we really never had to move the machines very far away when checking targets.   Right off the bat i hit a couple of targets he didnt find..... turned out to be deep can slaw.  He adjusted his disc setting and that fixed that.  We hit one target fairly deep with a mixed signal which we both thought maybe bottle cap.... turned out to be a silver toe ring with a large piece of iron under it.  Targets were really just not there either.  I intentionally brought 3 targets, small chain, tiny cross, and hollow gold earring.  These were found with the Nox using the 40khz gold program in a volleyball course.  As expected the Deus nor the MDT hit those setting on top of that wet sand.  

My impression is the Deus is a very capable machine and quieter than the Nox in the water.  Build is a better than i expected thou time will tell.  Based on some of the comments thou they still need to make some updates.   With any multi use machine thou you really need to test a lot ..... water, wet ... then dry sand and make those tweaks.  If you dont.... the the term "you dont know what you dont know" applies.   You just wont know if you have it dialed in.... and right now everyone is in a learning curve or should be.   A skilled hunter as we say can find gold with a stick..... so considering ive done my testing, have time on my machine, and have it dialed the way i like it.  The Deus impressed.... and id say can do even better.  AND no ive still not got one on order....lol.  I like the MDTs simplicity.  Make no mistake ..... buying a great machine doesnt make you great.... ya have to put in the time.  As i say.... never sell a new machine until you have payed for it in finds... by then you have a pretty good idea if it suits you.

the warranty duration is considerably longer than the MDT.  However…. The way it’s written to me is some concern.  as a water hunter. No good having if for some reason it floods and they opt not to replace it.  Hopefully they will be as responsive as ML.  Seems pretty water tight thou so hopefully it will never be an issue.

Hi Dew, the warranty issue you speak of pertains to the WS6 module as it’s not waterproof. The RC is covered by the warranty. That is from Deus. Here is a picture of a very small chain, 6 grams 14k  @ 7” and some micro targets even deeper. All salt water. Crayon for size.

23DA6B67-DFFE-4732-845E-F7CB1CA5FEC1.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Oh my! 1

Good write up Dew, nothing to change there....I'll get it tuned in for our area and then have another hunt with you. Actually made a few tweeks today and will test them tonight.

Carolina, you are right, that's how I did my antenna too.

Dew, you did forget to tell my embarrassing moment.... While out about chest deep, I started to get an iron target over a large area, even commented that I found a sunken boat.... turned out to be some weed stuck on the antenna wire with a piece of monofilament line with the eye and shank of a rotted out fishing hook....each time I moved the coil, it flopped under the coil giving an iron signal...I really thought I had broke the Deus until I found that.

Dancer, the antenna works getting the signal from the coil to the controller however with the controller underwater you do need wired headphones.

Cliff

• Like 2

On 4/26/2022 at 8:32 AM, dewcon4414 said:

These werent methodical tests.... drop a ring in a 14" hole and see what happens.  Cliff is also in the learning process..... but it helps hes a VERY good hunter and no matter the machine he knows a weak target others might miss. 

19 hours ago, cdv said:

Actually made a few tweeks today and will test them tonight.

Did either machine TID at that 14" depth, or was this an " it could be heard" at that depth? 

3 minutes ago, midalake said:

Did either machine TID at that 14" depth, or was this an " it could be heard" at that depth? 

You know, I’ll have to say I didn’t check for TID.  So tone.  It would be iffy at best until you took off some sand.  But that’s how we both hunt…..FIND a target.. a really deep target take a scoop if needed to get a better read.  It may waste a little time but we do it pretty quickly.

Thomas impressive on the chain.  Those things really excite you especially hanging off a scoop.  We all know there is acceptable loss with any machine….. takes awhile to have some idea just what you might miss.  

Cliff I’m bringing more fishing line and hook next time 😂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, Dancer said:

Cliff, that's what I was looking for.  (about wired head phones).   Didn't know that.    Thanks.

You threw me when you said antenna. Here are two sets of phones I made. IP 68 connector + 42” cable to a set of MSA muffs with 50mm piezo’s  and another to a set of pro gold phones. 

9C29274A-1B2F-4ACD-B70F-96AF164D6904.jpeg

13A5DCAF-497B-4009-87B8-6010DFF2329D.jpeg

• Like 3

17 hours ago, midalake said:

So far I have dug 4 gold rings. Two of the rings initially did not give a VDI. My guess they were 13+ inches. One ring was 1.4 gram and the other was 2.4.

• Like 5