That’s the issue….. depth especially in the water is such a guess.  Even one scoop we may think wow 11” on that ring…. while it could just as easily been 4”.  Sometimes we get a hint by volume of the target…. but even they you have to ensure your target is centered on the coil.  Cliff mentioned once to me he was surprised when snorkeling how many targets could be on the outside of the coil when fanned.   I also never assume I’m getting the same depth in the water as the wet sand.  It takes a bit of an effort… and a mask to get out there and test depth… especially when comparing two machines.  The MDT IMO is one of the best water machines I’ve used.  I’ll have to get more time with Cliff as he tweaks his new toy

• Like 3

In my opinion my MDT will have a lot of rest and relaxation time at home as my Deus ll seems to suit me better. 

• Like 1

On 4/27/2022 at 2:26 PM, dewcon4414 said:

You know, I’ll have to say I didn’t check for TID.  So tone.  It would be iffy at best until you took off some sand.  But that’s how we both hunt…

On 4/28/2022 at 8:14 AM, CCadrin said:

So far I have dug 4 gold rings. Two of the rings initially did not give a VDI. My guess they were 13+ inches.

So I was looking for some comparison on what others are seeing and how we tested the Nox and D2. 

Kind of the same here, the D2 and Nox could both here things, but no ID on really deep stuff. We had trouble with clean tones on the D2. Maybe updates will clear this or some advanced settings?  

Will see how this shakes out more. 

Charles that IMO was a guess.  I’m betting if you re-bury them individually you won’t get that kind of depth.  Lot of variables go into exact depth.   We tested a 5 gram at 14”…. Dues got it with a couple of inches above that.  Thou even those inches won’t necessarily equal that same distance on a found target.  That small could have been 10” …. But lost to the TID.

On 4/29/2022 at 10:35 AM, Carolina said:

In my opinion my MDT will have a lot of rest and relaxation time at home as my Deus ll seems to suit me better. 

I think those things that suit you may have been addressed…. and hopefully considered by Dimitar…. for his next machine.   I’ll be watching the Deus thru the Summer as people get it in the water more.  I remember we didn’t note many Nox issues it seems for nearly a year 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, dewcon4414 said:

I think those things that suit you may have been addressed…. and hopefully considered by Dimitar…. for his next machine.   I’ll be watching the Deus thru the Summer as people get it in the water more.  I remember we didn’t note many Nox issues it seems for nearly a year 

Hi Dew, wish you much luck. 60 month warranty vs 18 months, depth rating much deeper than I will ever go vs 1 meter 30 mins and updateable, many different programs and tone selections and much more for basically the same price. One thing about Dimitar, he certainly is number one for customer service and satisfaction of all manufacturers out there. Watch your buddy Cliff.

I was hunting with Cliff the other day tagging some targets.  He’s the guy to convince me.  I’m good in the water with the MDT.   Out there it’s simplicity, depth and just knowing it’s a non-ferr target.   I do my own thing out there and don’t get concerned about others or their machine.  I don’t care who gets it ….. I just want to see it 😂 

• Like 1