The Legend Exciting News!

Thanks for the update, enjoying the Legend.  Being a new user and relatively new to MD'ing.....is there a benefit to having the TID stop at 60 on the Legend instead of 99 like the SImplex?

Thanks

• Like 1

Great they were able to add a mineralization meter, well done! 

@Nokta Detectorsit would be great to see a chart or something that shows the differences between all the multi-modes.

Keep up the great work, happy to see this moving from bug fixes to new features and feature enhancements 👍

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, MFF18B said:

Thanks for the update, enjoying the Legend.  Being a new user and relatively new to MD'ing.....is there a benefit to having the TID stop at 60 on the Legend instead of 99 like the SImplex?

Thanks

More stable ID's being one thing, the more targets that fall into one ID the more stable the ID's will appear.

• Like 1

Legend is starting to look better and better all the time. Used one for a while and didn't really care for it. But I was running version 1.06. May have to rethink getting one after I see some reports on the new update.

I agree with others that seeing/hearing directly from the manufacturer regarding changes, workarounds, fixes, improvements, etc. is better than being left wondering and speculating.

I didn't watch the last 8-9 minutes when typically Dilek responds to live user questions so maybe what I'm asking about was answered there.  Keep in mind I'm not a Legend owner (yet...) and figure those already familiar with the detector or other N/M models might well have understood, but...

What is "tone pitch mode"?

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, GB_Amateur said:

What is "tone pitch mode"?

Going out on a limb here, but similar to Deus, I believe it is the ability to select variable pitch (VCO-like) as a tone option in addition to the existing multi-tones (1, 2, 4, 6 or 60 tones) in ANY mode (not just Gold Field). An option I have requested for years to be implemented on the Nox.  Not sure if this also means Gold Field can be switched into multi tone mode.  The latter would be a nice option, but the former is definitely a highly desirable option when tone ID is not as desirable as audio sensitivity when attempting to cherry pick non-ferrous out of the muck.  Combined with ferro check meter, this will be a very powerful tool if implemented well.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Chase Goldman said:

Going out on a limb here, but similar to Deus, I believe it is the ability to select variable pitch (VCO-like) as a tone option in addition to the existing multi-tones (1, 2, 4, 6 or 60 tones) in ANY mode (not just Gold Field). An option I have requested for years to be implemented on the Nox.  Not sure if this also means Gold Field can be switched into multi tone mode.  The latter would be a nice option, but the former is definitely a highly desirable option when tone ID is not as desirable as audio sensitivity when attempting to cherry pick non-ferrous out of the muck.  Combined with ferro check meter, this will be a very powerful tool if implemented well.

I am on that limb with you. A square wave type VCO option especially in Park and Field modes would be awesome. So would at least a 2 tone option in Gold Field.

• Like 3

Could it not just be changing the audio pitch so it's either lower or higher for those hard at hearing?

37 minutes ago, phrunt said:

Could it not just be changing the audio pitch so it's either lower or higher for those hard at hearing?

The Legend can already do that in its one tone Park, Field and Beach modes. It even has a changeable tone/threshold pitch and volume level in Gold Prospecting mode. As the pitch of the threshold tone is raised or lowered, the target tone also raises and lowers concurrently. Since its target tone is based on square wave VCO, it will raise and lower in pitch according to target proximity while the threshold stays on the same pitch. Very much like the Equinox 800.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Everything that was mentioned for the coming update seems to be well thought out. Mid May time frame from what she said.