The Legend Exciting News!

Carolyn,

I had the same issue. Wish I could be of more help, but the update eventually worked although I’m not sure exactly what I did to make it happen! I do remember finding the bin file in 2 different locations on my computer. I clicked on both. I also extracted from the zip. I am weak on computers, but clicking on everything eventually gave me an upload. 😆

1.07 works great! 4 hunts, 3 gold, lots of clad, very little trash, and a big silver ring today with my kids. (Beach and dirt)

Good Luck, keep trying

• Like 1

Out of interest have people that are having the problem extracted the zip file to a folder on their desktop, the logged in users account has full read/write permissions to the desktop even if it's not an administrator account and by just double clicking on the zip and running it maybe causing it to extract to a temporary folder without the permissions required for the flash tool.

And then, when installing and running the Nokta flash tool instead of just clicking on the icon to open it try right clicking on it and select run as administrator, then try flash by using the firmware file stored in the desktop sub-folder.

The flash failing may not be due to the Legend not detecting but a permissions problem on some computers.

Worth a try for someone who is having trouble, it's something I'd be trying if It was me.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, phrunt said:

Out of interest have people that are having the problem extracted the zip file to a folder on their desktop, the logged in users account has full read/write permissions to the desktop even if it's not an administrator account and by just double clicking on the zip and running it maybe causing it to extract to a temporary folder without the permissions required for the flash tool.

And then, when installing and running the Nokta flash tool instead of just clicking on the icon to open it try right clicking on it and select run as administrator, then try flash by using the firmware file stored in the desktop sub-folder.

The flash failing may not be due to the Legend not detecting but a permissions problem on some computers.

Worth a try for someone who is having trouble, it's something I'd be trying if It was me.

See below.

Just now, Jeff McClendon said:

The update problems I am having are not the result of improper computer power management settings or permission issues. I have very recent produced Mac and Windows platform computers running the latest software. Numerous update failures on both platforms after following all instructions and troubleshooting procedures. From working on it with Nokta Makro engineering today something else is going on. After private messaging Carolyn, her problem sounds just like mine...........More later.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Jeff McClendon said:

duplicate

I'm sure they'll get it sorted out soon, no problem is too big of a problem for Nokta, they work their butt off to resolve issues.

• Like 3

Too much of a good think is not always a good thing. It's great to update but at the risk of making a great machine complicated for some. But if this is The Flagship, so be it.

• Like 1

I think the next batch of updates that are being proposed sound very good. I also think it is very smart of Nokta Makro to take their time with the development and testing of the proposed adjustable iron bias settings. Hopefully, they will be able to get settings that won't need much tweaking and will even get certain YouTube creators to offer some encouragement and praise to Nokta Makro for making a really good, affordable, SMF detector and leave it at that.......

• Like 3

Just to add.  I’m not computer savvy either but, 1 click to unzip, 1 click to open program to install it, then 1 click and it found the the file and put it in the line where it had to go. Another click and it started and finished. So what was that 4 clicks.  Now, things like this usually don’t go smooth for me so maybe I was lucky. I usually over think things, maybe some of you folks are doing that, don’t ask me how.  I agree, maybe it’s different pc’s being set up differently.

I’m happy with 107 and when a new version comes out I may sit on it for a bit just to make sure those who know this machine better than I, and I know that there are many, make out with any future updates. I don’t want to get caught up in something like v1.06 when that happened.

joe

• Like 2

I sincerely hope that NM will take into account the problems on mineralised soils.

The bias filters (I'm sure that's what they are) cut out any weak signal in the presence of mineralised soil.
And that's a big problem, I'm squeezing it now, I don't even know how many hours I've got with the detector now, more than 50 for sure, and no matter how much I adjust it, a €1 coin, under not even 20cm on mineralized soil doesn't feel it at all.

I have changed 4 or 5 places (and I want to point out, areas that I have been frequenting for a decade, passed over and over with all sorts of instruments, both by myself and by my fellow researchers), tried various coins and alloys, various positions of the target, and the problem is always there, the filters cut off the signals in the presence of mineralized soil, and I'm not talking about who knows what absurd depths, indeed...

Deus I and Desert Gold 3, two very different machines, with the standard settings have the same problem, but being able to open them (especially under the side of deep sounds and iron filters) they manage in a few steps to return signals decided, clear and sharp, and without having to go searching at the speed of a turtle is clear.
This metal has amazed me for the price and for the Multi capabilities, I do not want to have to give it away for the problems that arise from the point of view of filters, a user, let's say, "expert"; must be able to maneuver the detector even in the most particular aspects.