The Legend Exciting News!

On 4/26/2022 at 4:10 PM, phrunt said:

More stable ID's being one thing, the more targets that fall into one ID the more stable the ID's will appear.

Wouldn't more junk targets be lumped in with good targets with a compressed scale. I'm used to the Whites -90 +90 VDI scale.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Flavius Titus said:

I sincerely hope that NM will take into account the problems on mineralised soils.

The bias filters (I'm sure that's what they are) cut out any weak signal in the presence of mineralised soil.
And that's a big problem, I'm squeezing it now, I don't even know how many hours I've got with the detector now, more than 50 for sure, and no matter how much I adjust it, a €1 coin, under not even 20cm on mineralized soil doesn't feel it at all.

I have changed 4 or 5 places (and I want to point out, areas that I have been frequenting for a decade, passed over and over with all sorts of instruments, both by myself and by my fellow researchers), tried various coins and alloys, various positions of the target, and the problem is always there, the filters cut off the signals in the presence of mineralized soil, and I'm not talking about who knows what absurd depths, indeed...

Deus I and Desert Gold 3, two very different machines, with the standard settings have the same problem, but being able to open them (especially under the side of deep sounds and iron filters) they manage in a few steps to return signals decided, clear and sharp, and without having to go searching at the speed of a turtle is clear.
This metal has amazed me for the price and for the Multi capabilities, I do not want to have to give it away for the problems that arise from the point of view of filters, a user, let's say, "expert"; must be able to maneuver the detector even in the most particular aspects.

Nokta Makro has already developed the feature they call EUD for helping to deal with mineralization. It is on the Anfibio & works to some extent as far as I can tell. Perhaps this could be refined & adapted to their SMF platform. The upcoming adjustable IB should help a good bit too.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, JCR said:

Nokta Makro ha già sviluppato la funzione che chiamano EUD per aiutare ad affrontare la mineralizzazione. È sull'Anfibio e funziona in una certa misura, per quanto posso dire. Forse questo potrebbe essere perfezionato e adattato alla loro piattaforma SMF. Anche l'imminente IB regolabile dovrebbe aiutare un po'.

Absolutely it should help. 
At the end of the day, you're not asking for much of a revolution, just the ability to work on the instrument's internal filters. Iron Bias and Gain for deep sounds should basically solve the issue.

Let's hope so!