The Legend Exciting News!

This responsiveness by NM to add features so readily on a very value competitive platform in nearly the same performance league as Equinox and Deus 2, really makes the silence from Minelab seem like ML is asleep at the wheel.  We all know that likely isn't the case, but it would kind of make sense for ML to throw a feature-based SW upgrade out there to Equinox about now to sort of dampen the excitement and buzz especially since it has been nearly 2 years Nox Update 3.0.  If ML doesn't respond, looks like NM and XP have collectively stolen the new detector thunder buzz from ML and everyone else for 2022.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, JCR said:

Mid May time frame from what she said.

That sounds optimistic from what I heard.  First she emphasized she would not be giving a date for the release.  She also said they (engineers) would work until the end of the week, then take a holiday week off.  So That means back to work on 8 May.  She mentioned them needing possibly a couple weeks to finalize the changes (don't know if 'couple' included the remainder of the current week or not...).  Finally she said the changes would be sent to select testers (presumably to shake loose any obvious bugs) before being released to the mass of current owners.

If you add all that up I think it's into June.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, GB_Amateur said:

That sounds optimistic from what I heard.  First she emphasized she would not be giving a date for the release.  She also said they (engineers) would work until the end of the week, then take a holiday week off.  So That means back to work on 8 May.  She mentioned them needing possibly a couple weeks to finalize the changes (don't know if 'couple' included the remainder of the current week or not...).  Finally she said the changes would be sent to select testers (presumably to shake loose any obvious bugs) before being released to the mass of current owners.

If you add all that up I think it's into June.

Yep - my guess only - end of May - early June! Don't quote me on it though:-) 

• Like 9

On 4/26/2022 at 11:36 AM, Jeff McClendon said:

Wonder if the new M3 setting will be even more sensitive than M2 on smaller targets and if it will be included in Beach Mode……..?

I also hope the next software version will be easier to update. I still haven’t been able to update to 1.07 from 1.05…….and mostly silence from Nokta Makro support even though I email them each week🤨.

I had no problem updating the first time, but when 1.7 came out I had the darndest time.

Tried every usb port on my laptop, then had to try three different usb ports on ny desktop before it worked. Very finnicky about the ports I think. 

And I am a computer nerd. The update issues should be looked at. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

This responsiveness by NM to add features so readily on a very value competitive platform in nearly the same performance league as Equinox and Deus 2, really makes the silence from Minelab seem like ML is asleep at the wheel.  We all know that likely isn't the case, but it would kind of make sense for ML to throw a feature-based SW upgrade out there to Equinox about now to sort of dampen the excitement and buzz especially since it has been nearly 2 years Nox Update 3.0.  If ML doesn't respond, looks like NM and XP have collectively stolen the new detector thunder buzz from ML and everyone else for 2022.

Couldn’t have said it better myself. I find myself almost frustrated by the lack of response from ML. I do wonder what their engineers and personnel think of how far the competition has come in so short a time span. I had no plans to buy the Legend, but I’m more tempted now than ever. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

... If ML doesn't respond, looks like NM and XP have collectively stolen the new detector thunder buzz from ML and everyone else for 2022.

That is until ML announces the Equinox Pro/1000 at Detectival this fall, then the chaos starts all over again 🤠

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, JCR said:

Everything that was mentioned for the coming update seems to be well thought out. Mid May time frame from what she said.

Hopefully they're able to adhere to the mid May release time frame, I have a week long detecting road trip in the works for the end of May, would be great to check out the new firmware then.

• Like 1

I'd say easily June-July! They gotta lot of updates/additions to add that are bound to have some bugs, that need to be tested out before safe to release! But who knows, maybe users will be pleasantly surprised!👍👍

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Cal_Cobra said:

Hopefully they're able to adhere to the mid May release time frame, I have a week long detecting road trip in the works for the end of May, would be great to check out the new firmware then.

Looks like you missed what NM themselves said above would be the more likely time frame...

14 hours ago, Nokta Detectors said:

Yep - my guess only - end of May - early June! Don't quote me on it though:-) 

Hello, I already posted in the 1.07 thread, so this is probably redundant. I am as new as new can be. My legend is sitting in the box on the couch. I was so looking forward to using it. I knew there was an update but I am a computer nerd so it should have been no problem. 

I followed the instructions... EXACTLY.... for the update...  EXACTLY..   It will not update. I have 2 computers. I switched to see if it was an issue with #1.. same result in #2.  I have uninstalled the updater, I have downloaded drivers from silabs. I have  un- and reinstalled my usb drivers, I have tried it all. The update bar will not highlight ( will not connect ) Yes I have the correct .bin file. I have watched videos, joined FB groups, this forum, so I am looking for serious help!

I think it is either ... #1  a cord issue   or #2 the Legend itself. ( i haven't used it yet! )  So I was hoping someone else had an idea to help me. The company is in Turkey.  So I was hoping for a easy solution. I have included the two picts of the updater.  From the first picture, it eventually times out to the second. I can consistently replicate this and it is the only scenario I get. 

Help is welcome!  Needed!! Please...

Carolyn

image_2022-04-28_003729657.png

not the file nokta.jpg