I Want V0.5 Back!

Mirda

Hello,

I have to say, I'm very disappointed with XP behavior and customer service. I bought Deus II and was just killing it. Then I made a big mistake, updated to v0.6 - the first one, without big TID.

Since then, I've lost my depth, and had issue with not showing TID while having a good signal. Update v0.7 didn't fix depth issue. Pinpointing mode is now not working correctly - like, it's completely useless.

All I want is ability to downgrade to v0.5! Why is it not possible?

I don't care about YT videos, with comments turned off, telling me that it's ok on the test garden in US. It is NOT ok on my fields/forests. And I'm not the only one. Other users are eXPeriencing same issues.

XP should behave like a serious company. They should openly discuss existing issues and communicate proposed solutions. E.g. like what did Dilek from Nokta today. Discuss what's in the pipeline and estimated timeline. Heck, Nokta is even implementing user-proposed features. I just want them to let me roll one version back!!!

I know, that guys in XP have done a lot of work, they're exhausted etc. But we are their CUSTOMERS and they should communicate with us.

If Legend was not so heavy, I would switch right now.

Is someone here, who has same issues with Deus II? We should unite and push on XP...

• Like 6
  • Oh my! 1

When you buy a detector , the after service is done by your dealer and not directly the manufacturer , whatever the brand . Then you should contact your dealer first . Have you contacted your dealer about this issue ? 

• Like 1

Update to Version 7. Run it how you like any program. Just turn silencer all the way down in whatever program you run. See if you feel the same about it after trying that.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
On 4/27/2022 at 12:52 PM, palzynski said:

When you buy a detector , the after service is done by your dealer and not directly the manufacturer , whatever the brand . Then you should contact your dealer first . Have you contacted your dealer about this issue ? 

It's not about the dealer. Firmware update is issued by manufacturer. I spoke to dealer a few times about separate coils availability - they knew nothing specific - like yeah, there will probably be some in a few monts - I can guess that.

I've stopped using D2 for some time. Now trying to slowly use it again.

If something costs so much money, manufacturer should at least reply to your message, especially when You send it through contact form on their website.

They've issued quite interesting video recently: 

But still they're communication sucks. Are they working on another firmware version? Is v0.71 final release? Who knows? There are many "gaps" in their "communication" with customers.

Shame that Nokta Legend is so clunky. If Minelab reveals something interesting, I will probably switch.

Very disappointed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mirda said:

But still they're communication sucks. Are they working on another firmware version? Is v0.71 final release? Who knows? There are many "gaps" in their "communication" with customers.

I agree.  I also think there is no good reason XP should not have available ANY VERSION of software available to the end user. 

On another note. Do not be afraid to reload the newest version of software again and again and again if you think the deus is not working correctly.
Make sure your connection to the internet is fast and take out all your custom programs ahead of time. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, midalake said:

Is v0.71 final release?

'Initial versions are numbers less than 1, with these 0.x version used to convey that the software is incomplete and not reliable enough for general release or usable in its current state. Backward-incompatible changes are common with 0.x versions.'

320px-VersionNumbers.svg.png

2 hours ago, midalake said:

I agree.  I also think there is no good reason XP should not have available ANY VERSION of software available to the end user. 

They will once they get to final release (except for any post 1.X version that contained a major bug).  As explained in the previous post, any version less than 1.0 is not final release.  We're still technically beta testers until 1.0.  Not really ideal, but that's the way it is, XP needed the broader user base beyond their initial testers to really shake this out.  SInce it's not final release yet, they are going to limit how far you can roll back at this time to ensure you get no further back than the last stable version without major known bugs (i.e., 0.6 version (3-11-22)).  At least you can roll back to that version now from 0.71.  I DO know that I was pretty upset when the "broken" 0.6 version was released in March (also upset they lost software configuration/version control and released no less than 3 "0.6" versions without using minor revision numbers to alert users but that's a separate story).  Perhaps they are waiting for the Go Detect app to be released world wide before they go to Ver 1.0, who knows...

• Like 1

I agree with Chase. The software/firmware is not finished and probably many more updates will be coming out, although now that XP is resonding to a much broader market than before and that means even more variables to program and more care has to be taken to not adversely affect working codes in a wider variety of conditions.

When I received my D2, it had the January 2022 version of 0.6 on it and I thought it was working fine. It had some things like the pinpoint mode that were wonky but I'm still learning the Deus world, so what do I know. I upgraded to 0.71 when it came out and it has really tightened things up in my opinion and seems to be working even better for me. 

I certainly understand expecting a metal detector to be in it's finished state and working perfectly when it comes out, but how many times has that actually happened in the detector market? It seems like none of the new released machines in the last several years have been that way. So I guess buyers will need to consider that if you get in on a new machine early, you will be part of the growing process and an unofficial Beta tester. Personally I knew that goin in and I'm okay with that so far. I know it doesn't make things any better for some of you out there, but unfortunately that's just the current reality.

I hope that you will solve your issue by updating your D2 to a new version . XP is a very serious brand and I am sure that they will solve the pbs , even if it can take a few days/weeks. From my standpoint I still use a D1 and I dont have the D2 yet . Perhaps I will wait a D2 V1.x version before buying it so that all the pbs are fixed 

Btw D2 separate coils are now available for sale over here in France , for example at : Disques XP DEUS (metaux-detection.fr) , then I imagine that it will soon be the case in the US ..

• Like 2