USA Coin Shooting Legend

Nice review Captian Jeff! I would be interested in setting up that disc pattern you are using if you wouldn’t mind posting it. Thanks! Tom

5 hours ago, Tometusns said:

Nice review Captian Jeff! I would be interested in setting up that disc pattern you are using if you wouldn’t mind posting it. Thanks! Tom

So this hunt was all about getting good solid IDs and consistent audio on US zinc pennies and higher conductive US coins. I kind of left finding nickels up to chance since I knew that the vast majority of the target responses were going to be from 11 to 36 which is the 1/8" sized aluminum foil/canslaw up to 3" or so sized aluminum canslaw, big pull tab range. So, I wanted to really test the recovery speed capabilities and target separation of the Legend while basically accepting its iron bias "as is" instead of trying to force it do things it can't handle yet. Contrary to what some test videos using iron targets are showing, the Legend has excellent recovery speed and target separation on non-ferrous targets especially for an SMF detector. So, I could have notched out everything up to zincs or up to 38 or so and just hunted good sounding targets. However, I did not want to adversely effect the audio itself by doing that.

So I had an iron bin from 1 to 10 with volume on 3, a small aluminum/small gold ring bin from 11 to 23 with volume on 10, a nickel/medium size gold ring bin from 24 to 37 with volume on 10, a zinc penny/large gold ring bin from 38 to 43 with volume on 10, a clad dime/copper penny/smaller silver ring bin from 44 to 48 with volume on 10 and a quarter/larger coin/larger silver bin from 49 to 60 with volume on 10. Pick your favorite tones. That is just what I chose. I could have just had a nickel/10 to 14K mens ring bin from 24 to 26 and had a pull tab/zinc penny/larger gold ring bin instead to concentrate more on nickels. This is what really separates the Legend from the Equinox 600 and for less money. Those audio features and the expanded low to mid conductor target ID range are incredible.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That is excellent results to repay for the hard work you did sifting thru so many signals. Not surprising when an intelligent approach is made with a very capable machine. I don't hunt that type of environment very often, so I'm not very proficient in that level of modern trash. For now, my modern Al trash settings are 6 Tone with one bin dedicated to pull tabs(27-34) at a modest volume but an ugly sounding tone. This keeps the audio flowing & blending on compromised co located targets.

• Like 2