Deus 2 13x11 Coil

zdsdead

Being new to XP and not owning a deus  before, What sort of timescale was there until the release of the larger 13x11 coil for the original deus?

From what Im hearing most people can now get there hands on a new deus 2 , so hopefully the people at XP can put some more time, into providing accessories.

Thanks

I was interested in this coil for a while as well, but if it’s anything like the 11”x13” for Deus 1 we can expect it to make the machine nose heavy, perhaps even a little sloppy when extended, and very little if any depth advantage. I notice that it’s an often resold item with exactly those complaints. It seems to offer more in the way of coverage than anything. Might be nice for the beach provided you replace the lower stem with something less pliable. 

• Like 4

Have never had the 11x13”. But I know Deus1 owners who use that coil with satisfaction. Some of them claim it’s deeper than 11” one especially on medium/normal sized targets like coins and more and more on big targets. Others claim that depth is similar to 11”. But they all say that it’s heavy and that the wrist suffers..

• Like 1

Bought and have many hours use with this coil on the ORX. Expected it to be a lil nose heavy over my 9 HF, no matter because its a very light setup. The coil performs well and gets down to that next layer I like to hunt. Even performed well and cleaned up some missed targets at one of my GPX'd gridded hot spots. All I can figure is between my disc setting and the GPX's recovery speed, targets were missed. A thumbs up on this coil.

Guest Dug

I believe that your assortment of coil sizes should relate to the aptitudes of each coil available.  

From 9” to 11x13” the weight difference is clear. It’s a big difference because Deus is not well balanced with the big coil..

• Like 1

I like the nine and the thirteen combo till at some point (age/health) the thirteen gets to heavy for me. 
 In my soil the thirteen although maybe only a couple inches is deeper. No air tests just the finds on deeper coins found in the wild. Two inches is paramount in some locations between finding nothing or having a fun day. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...