Deus 2 13x11 Coil

zdsdead

1 hour ago, SwiftSword said:

Customer service at metaldetector.com told me today that the 11x13 for the Deus II will be out in the fall. From what I read here, Im not sure I'll partake, though. 

Personally I am more excited about the release and availability of the WSA 11-XL Headphones hopefully sooner than later.😊

• Like 1

these coils seem to end up on ebay afer a short while ,,too nose heavey ,you could get a pre owned cheaper

I had it for the Deus 1 and it for me it was simply a bad combination. Because of it being so nose heavy it took a lot of the joy of detecting away. If you still decide to get it buy a coil balancer from eBay to shift the center of gravity a bit. 

• Like 1

On 5/28/2022 at 2:19 PM, Chase Goldman said:

Wish they dropped this form factor entirely (or at least delayed it) and focused instead on providing an equivalent/compatible coil to their excellent 10x5 HF D1 coil.  That is the true gap in the D2 coil lineup at the moment.

The true gap in XP's coil line up is the lack of Mono coils, not everybody detects parks and beaches. In fact as a relic hunter I only need a DD coil for about 20% of my detecting when hunting higher mineralization or early site iron rubbish. For example, a mono coil would be great when running Coin Deep or Gold 1 on the ORX, preferring the 9" DD for Coin Fast mode. My reasoning for getting the 13x11 is for that little extra depth that mono coils bring to the field. In my experience the mono coils ID iron and pinpoint better. Having logged in quite a few hours on my buddies  D 2 now, I believe a mono coil would suit Relic and the Mono freq modes well, and maybe more.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Va Dave said:

The true gap in XP's coil line up is the lack of Mono coils, not everybody detects parks and beaches. In fact as a relic hunter I only need a DD coil for about 20% of my detecting when hunting higher mineralization or early site iron rubbish. For example, a mono coil would be great when running Coin Deep or Gold 1 on the ORX, preferring the 9" DD for Coin Fast mode. My reasoning for getting the 13x11 is for that little extra depth that mono coils bring to the field. In my experience the mono coils ID iron and pinpoint better. Having logged in quite a few hours on my buddies  D 2 now, I believe a mono coil would suit Relic and the Mono freq modes well, and maybe more.

Dave, you mean concentric/coaxial, right?

Coil manufacturers typically make mono coils for Pulse Induction detectors because they can be designed to share a single transmit and receive winding because they are pulsing the ground.  Induction balance VLF detectors which use a continuous transmit waveform, typically use dual winding (transmit and receive) coils wound in either a concentric/coaxial configuration or as the more common (now) back-to-back overlapping D (i.e. Double-D) configuration.

Not going to debate the particular merits of DD vs. Concentric with you, but just wanted to get that clarified.  

FWIW - I do keep a couple of classic detectors around (MXT/F75) because they remain compatible with concentric/coaxial coils as they do have some limited advantages vs. DD’s but since I primarily detect mineralized ground and because signal processing has significantly improved of late, the magnitude of those advantages have diminished to the point that those detectors rarely see the light of day anymore even with their concentric coils.

Since, XP did not see fit to mention a coil form factor they already make for the Deus 1 (10x5) as even a down the road option for D2 and they have never made a concentric for a Deus, it’s unlikely we’ll see a concentric for the D2 (the 10x5 is a more likely eventual development).  So if you need the extra mm’s of depth and swing coverage afforded by the 11x13, then that’s your only choice.  I get it. However,  recommend upgrading to a stiffer stem and lower shaft system as that coil seems to overstress the stock shaft and stem, particularly if you have to extend it for height.  GL

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

Since, XP did not see fit to mention a coil form factor they already make for the Deus 1 (10x5) as even a down the road option for D2 and they have never made a concentric for a Deus, it’s unlikely we’ll see a concentric for the D2 (the 10x5 is a more likely eventual development).  So if you need the extra mm’s of depth and swing coverage afforded by the 11x13, then that’s your only choice.  I get it. However,  recommend upgrading to a stiffer stem and lower shaft system as that coil seems to overstress the stock shaft and stem, particularly if you have to extend it for height.  GL

I got the Simplex carbon fiber lower shaft and it fits the D2 perfectly if you remove the rubber stopper at the top of the shaft and sand the outsides of the shaft's coil mount a bit to fit into the coil. I also put 1-1.5 mm plastic shims in each side of the shaft's coil holes and a rubber washer in one side to offset the Deus coil insert.

If XP could source that carbon fiber shaft, they could just put their coil mount on the end and presto... carbon fiber lower shaft for the D2! Nice tight fit, no wobble, and even lighter.

IMG_7777-2.jpg

• Like 6

Ho avuto un Deus e con la bobina 11x13 spazzolando molto lentamente e diminuendo molto la reattività riuscivo ad andare molto più in profondità della bobina da 11 pollici.

Questa impostazione la usavo solo in zone pulite e solo per piccole zone dove avevo trovato qualcosa di interessante in precedenza.

Certamente l'asta del metal detector ha risentito del peso extra e si è allentata parecchio