Deus II On An Anderson Carbon Fiber Shaft

Brad Plohman

1 hour ago, steveg said:

Hi all,

A couple of things...

First of all, I am happy to offer cam locks to anyone interested.  They run $15 plus $5 for USPS First Class shipping.

Secondly, I'm working on a prototype Deus shaft also, and it would be an "S" shaft that would function very similar to the stock XP shaft, but would use round tubes (and my cam locks) instead of the XP "non-round" tubes.  I am ALSO working on that issue of control-box placement, relative to the handle -- as I noted the same issue as Brad did (difficulty in accessing the buttons on the control box with your thumb, because the control box sits too far "in front of" or "toward the user," relative to the handle.  I will be addressing that as well, with my shaft.

Anyway, just wanted to make those two points.  Brad, THANKS for mentioning the use of my cam locks.  I'm really glad it worked well for you!

Steve

It would be nice if you could make a deus shaft for underwater diving also.

• Like 1

matt --

I am not sure that wouldn't be possible, based on my design.

Since I'm not a water hunter, let alone a diver, what would you want in a dive shaft?  What would be the requirements?  Just "shorter" in length?  

Steve

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/8/2022 at 8:38 PM, steveg said:

matt --

I am not sure that wouldn't be possible, based on my design.

Since I'm not a water hunter, let alone a diver, what would you want in a dive shaft?  What would be the requirements?  Just "shorter" in length?  

Steve

Yes, shorter in length. XP is supposedly coming out with one that was reviewed several months ago, but it has been silent about it ever since. I have not been diving with a metal detector yet, but now that this new xp is out and waterproof I plan on diving it.

Probably just a 1 piece shorter shaft.

• Like 1

how does the straight shaft feel compared to the "S" shaft? any type of comparison would be interesting to hear about. thanks

11 hours ago, martygene said:

how does the straight shaft feel compared to the "S" shaft? any type of comparison would be interesting to hear about. thanks

I can't speak to a comparison because I never tried using the stock shaft much. I will say the the straight shaft has a great feel to it and zero wobble or flex. One thing I like is that is that I can rotate the remote mount 10 degrees or so, so it faces me more directly. I find that little bit of rotation makes the screen easier to see and a little easier for my thumb to press the buttons. It wasn't rotated in the original pictures so here's one to show it.

20220519_210743.jpg

• Like 2

14 hours ago, matt said:

Yes, shorter in length. XP is supposedly coming out with one that calabash reviewed several months ago, but it has been silent about it ever since. I have not been diving with a metal detector yet, but now that this new xp is out and waterproof I plan on diving it.

Probably just a 1 piece shorter shaft.

Matt, 

Sure, that could be done.  I'll keep that in mind, as one of the optional configurations I can offer.

Thanks!

Steve