Updated To .71 Now Remote Won’t Turn On?

Naildiggerpro

Yes I plugged it into computer again but it can’t do anything because the remote won’t power on , it’s like it just went dead. Even when I put charger on it there is nothing on screen even saying that it’s charging

• Oh my! 1

Oh boy. I believe this is where we send you "thoughts and prayers"

I have zero suggestions, other than contacting your dealer or XP for support. Someone else had his remote stuck in a weird state. They opened it up and disconnected the battery, but I personally would not risk that. 

• Like 2

I’m not risking it until posts like yours stop happening. I’ve heard of it freezing on and one other that won’t turn on like yours. He sent his remote in and will report on his return experience. 
good luck 

• Sad 1
  • Oh my! 1

As I just got a second deus2 ( this one 9”)

I went ahead and did 0.71 on the 9” one if everything seems ok I’ll do the other next week. I had no problem with the update. 

• Like 1

Mine just did the same thing. Won't do a thing. I waited until it said SUCCESS and then I unplugged the remote and it automatically turned off. Now it seems nothing I try will make it turn on again. I updated from 0.7 to 0.71. If anyone has any suggestions, I'd really like to hear them.

• Sad 1
  • Oh my! 2

7.1 went in fine for me on Remote and WS6. One thing I think is important is to make sure you are using a USB 2 port.

Software that is written for USB 2 can get scrambled if you use a USB 1 port. I've seen this happen before.

I am old, and I have some old computers sitting in a closet that still have parallel serial ports and may have a USB 1.0 port……..

Is anyone really trying to do a Deus 2 update on a Windows based computer using USB 1.0 ports made before 2004??????

The XP Deus 2 update instructions clearly say to not use USB 1.0 Ports for these updates.

• Like 1