Update 0.71 Released

5 minutes ago, Johnny Phoenix said:

Waiting patiently for the group consensus before implementing this update. Feeling more like an immigrant than a pioneer this evening...

Big hunt tomorrow, watch this space for future announcements... 😀 We're gonna give the D2 a real run for the money.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, F350Platinum said:

Big hunt tomorrow, watch this space for future announcements... 😀 We're gonna give the D2 a real run for the money.

Don't pump me up just to leave me high and dry. With a statement like that I am expecting a lot 🤨 No pressure 😄. Good luck on the hunt!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, schoolofhardNox said:

Don't pump me up just to leave me high and dry. With a statement like that I am expecting a lot 🤨 No pressure 😄. Good luck on the hunt!

Have I ever disappointed anyone other than myself? 🤣 It's a "red dirt" hunt. Going with Chase.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

Big hunt tomorrow, watch this space for future announcements...

53 minutes ago, F350Platinum said:

Have I ever disappointed anyone other than myself? 🤣 It's a "red dirt" hunt. Going with Chase.

Make sure you take the Nox after to clean up!!!! 😂 Good luck tomorrow!!!

• Thanks 1

I went ahead and updated to V 071. It was the first time I have updated since getting the D2 with the Jan 2022 V 0.6 installed. 

I was careful follow the prompts in the update program and not to plug in the USB cable until instructed to do so. Strangely enough, it would not start the update download procedure after plugging into the USB2 port on my computer, it would just hang at the last graphic screen (11/11) of the update program.. I tried it twice after backing out of the update program, unplugging the USB cable, shutting down the remote, and starting the whole procedure over again.

On the third try, I plugged into one of the USB2 auxillary ports on the front of my connected external hard drive instead of the USB2 ports on my computer and it worked fine for both the remote and the WS6. I use the computer's ports all the time and they work fine for other things, but they just wouldn't work for the update program for some reason. Maybe it was a glitch, but it's done and everything seems to be working fine.

I did wait for the update to complete, displaying Success, and then waited for the remote to cycle through auto restart and bring up the boot screen and regular operating screen before disconnecting the USB cable. I don't know if that would prevent the lock up of the remote reported by a couple of people, but it might, so be patient and let the program and equipment do their thing before yanking out any cords.

I did have to repair my headphones and MI6 and resave my saved programs, but that was easy enough. Hopefully I'll be able to get out in a day or so and try out the new software. Best of luck to you all!

• Like 5

I updated last night.  I live in a house provided by my employer and am on their internet which blocks foreign sites.  Luckily the maintenance building is on a different provider that will let me go to XP’s site.   So I have to load up the detector stuff and my laptop and park right outside the maintenance building to do the update.  Last night, even though I followed all the prompts in order, I got an error with the first two attempts.  The third time I did it, it worked.  The ws6 puck updated on the first try.  

I tried .71 out in my yard when I got home and it seemed to work fine.  I’m really glad they fixed the pinpoint glitch.  I don’t use pinpoint that much, but it’s nice to have it working properly.  

• Like 3

Guest Dug

I’ve hunted a few go to sites with V.71 the last 2 days(thank you XP for adding the .7x digit change to the update series). The pinpoint feature using the coil seems better and stable, but I don’t really ever use it.  The MI6 paired fine as usual, but I still had to cycle the MI6 power on a few occasions I order to get it to “talk” to the D2 control.  Not a big deal in my book, but wanted to share the observation.

The overall functionality seemed consistent  throughout the programs, program variants, and global program variables  I tried on natural targets. I have not done any artificial scenario  testing as of now with this version, therefore I won’t give it the “holy crap” seal of approval for myself yet. But it’s at least consistent through the scenarios I tried it in. V0.7 was a step in the right direction; V0.71 is so far a great next step forward. 

6 hours ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

I went ahead and updated to V 071. It was the first time I have updated since getting the D2 with the Jan 2022 V 0.6 installed. 

I was careful follow the prompts in the update program and not to plug in the USB cable until instructed to do so. Strangely enough, it would not start the update download procedure after plugging into the USB2 port on my computer, it would just hang at the last graphic screen (11/11) of the update program.. I tried it twice after backing out of the update program, unplugging the USB cable, shutting down the remote, and starting the whole procedure over again.

On the third try, I plugged into one of the USB2 auxillary ports on the front of my connected external hard drive instead of the USB2 ports on my computer and it worked fine for both the remote and the WS6. I use the computer's ports all the time and they work fine for other things, but they just wouldn't work for the update program for some reason. Maybe it was a glitch, but it's done and everything seems to be working fine.

I did wait for the update to complete, displaying Success, and then waited for the remote to cycle through auto restart and bring up the boot screen and regular operating screen before disconnecting the USB cable. I don't know if that would prevent the lock up of the remote reported by a couple of people, but it might, so be patient and let the program and equipment do their thing before yanking out any cords.

I did have to repair my headphones and MI6 and resave my saved programs, but that was easy enough. Hopefully I'll be able to get out in a day or so and try out the new software. Best of luck to you all!

When my MC and WS6 report success I push the go back key and disconnect. I've done this on every update. 

Maybe something else is causing the frozen controllers?

• Like 2