Suggestions For Future MDT Changes

I hope the Tarsacci MDT remains focused on it's unique strengths as a more specialized unit instead of a middling do it all.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Stereo mixed mode from Nautilus with all adjustments. You know what is under coil, your head is discriminator not electronics filters. You know that is big iron or little silver coin and you decide to dig or not to dig it.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

One thing o can say …. The machine is built light… but very very durable.  Id still like to see those tones changed as well.  A little more stability as well just because when you run HOT like I do in AM then switch to disc for target ID you are at the mercy of coil control…. Slight wiggle over the target but it matters where that target is in relationship to the coil position.

Dew... That is a good observation & reminder. I need to do some testing to see where on the coil a deep target gives the most consistent TID.

I'd like metal detectors to be sold with an option of no coil and accessories like headphones and gimmicky rubbish we don't need.  A bare bones option for a cheaper price where we can then buy the accessories and coils we want, this holds especially true for Minelab detectors, I've got two WM 08's I'll never use, 3 pair of ML80 headphones I'll never use, ML100 headphones I'll never use, a few Commander coils I'll never use, a $1600 New Zealand Dollar GPZ 14" coil I'll never use etc etc etc, the list goes on and on.   That GPZ coil alone could have bought me another Nox 800 and had a good chunk of change.

I'm paying for stuff I don't want all the time, I've got a cupboard full of rubbish, yes I could sell it but that's effort and I can't be bothered, I'd rather not buy it in the first place.

Even VLF detectors it'd be cool if you could buy it without a coil, or have an option to pick the coil and pay the appropriate price for the coil option you choose.  So many detectors I'll never use the coils that come with them.

• Like 2
  • Oh my! 1

On 6/26/2022 at 1:13 AM, phrunt said:

I'd like metal detectors to be sold with an option of no coil and accessories like headphones and gimmicky rubbish we don't need.  A bare bones option for a cheaper price where we can then buy the accessories and coils we want, this holds especially true for Minelab detectors, I've got two WM 08's I'll never use, 3 pair of ML80 headphones I'll never use, ML100 headphones I'll never use, a few Commander coils I'll never use, a $1600 New Zealand Dollar GPZ 14" coil I'll never use etc etc etc, the list goes on and on.   That GPZ coil alone could have bought me another Nox 800 and had a good chunk of change.

I'm paying for stuff I don't want all the time, I've got a cupboard full of rubbish, yes I could sell it but that's effort and I can't be bothered, I'd rather not buy it in the first place.

Even VLF detectors it'd be cool if you could buy it without a coil, or have an option to pick the coil and pay the appropriate price for the coil option you choose.  So many detectors I'll never use the coils that come with them.

I’d dare say you wouldn’t get the cash break you expect buying a separate stripped down machine as a backup.  You would be more likely to get your money back from the resale of those items.  I tend to get different phones, shafts and sometimes coils.  IF I resale…. The factory stuff goes with the machine.  I sell the after market gear separately.

• Like 2

The only detector I've ever been able to buy as a bare skin detector was the QED from Australia, and that's because the operation is a bit different with that being a smaller business.  I just ordered the control box and was supplying the batteries, shaft, arm cuff and coil etc myself so I didn't need to buy a pointless package of stuff I'd never use like headphones and coils. 

I ended up getting them to sell me the shaft too as they had the Whites S shaft at the time and I wanted my QED on an S shaft and all I had was spare straight shafts from the Nox.

The price I paid was reasonable, they were fair in removing the price of the parts I didn't want from the price.  It'd be awesome if this was possible with other detectors although I can understand how it would be difficult to do unless a dealer went rogue and did it themselves and sold the unwanted parts off separately. 

I would like to see XGB-type ground balance. I think the currently excellent ability to handle mineralization could be made even better by factoring in variability of the mineralization. XGB gives the White's/Garrett Goldmaster 24K the ability to handle hot rocks and bad ground. According to Tom Boykin, who headed up the 24k project at White's, the technology is not patented. https://www.detectorprospector.com/forums/topic/17797-is-there-something-special-about-the-garrett-24k-ground-balance/#comment-185656

• Like 1

How about a dedicated gold prospecting mode?  Along with appropriate sized coils for nugget shooting.  The current model has exceptional ability to penetrate bad ground, so maybe Dimitar can find a way to include a gold program on the next detector.  Perhaps have 40khz, 80khz, and even 300khz(like Falcon MD20, for sampling purposes).  I would gladly pay $3k for such a detector.  Also, some larger coils for relic/cache hunting - 18" + 30".  I would gladly pay $2k for a mega 30" coil made of lightweight carbon fiber(that is, if Dimitar could get the detector to be reasonably stable with such a large coil).  The MDT 8000 has amazing depth - perhaps this could be enhanced further with a larger coil on the next generation model.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 5 months later...