Legend Vdis Gold Jewelry/aluminum Trash

That's good info. Good to see a thin gold chain in there.

Jeff, I see a green pulltab on both Legend and Equinox pages.  Is it the same one?  Same question for the crown cap.  If so that emphasizes the better spread out trash (and maybe treasure) TID's of the mid-conductor scale of the Legend vs. that of the Equinox.  Separating USA nickels from aluminum trash would be a big plus for those of us who actually care about finding those coins.

• Like 3

Yes, at least for the US nickel, there is not as much trash target overlapping competition for it using the Legend with its 10 extra target IDs in that conductivity range.

I am not trying to mislead anyone here. I just used common re-occurring  aluminum trash items.  Bits of foil and aluminum can slaw can appear absolutely anywhere in the range shown in the photos.

• Like 6

Ok Jeff, here’s a thought. If you look at the locations that the most gold targets fall in. What would you say to playing an odds game and notching the other numbers out and digging those numbers that it seems a lot of gold falls into? You would leave a lot out.. dig less holes but perhaps increase your odds of digging gold. Thinking bout trying that sometime.😁

32 minutes ago, Tometusns said:

Ok Jeff, here’s a thought. If you look at the locations that the most gold targets fall in. What would you say to playing an odds game and notching the other numbers out and digging those numbers that it seems a lot of gold falls into? You would leave a lot out.. dig less holes but perhaps increase your odds of digging gold. Thinking bout trying that sometime.😁

Certainly nothing wrong with doing that strategy especially if the area you are hunting is likely to have gold jewelry. For me, the two gold rings I found with the Legend made an unmistakeable round sound which caught my ear. Nickels have sounded really strong too.

I have not done any notching yet. I will soon.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

With the Legend hot on nickles with  tight VDI numbers some gold rings are gonna be found. Nice

1 hour ago, George Kinsey said:

With the Legend hot on nickles with  tight VDI numbers some gold rings are gonna be found. Nice

It is also very hot on the entire  15 to 25 target ID range which covers almost all women's jewelry. Those target IDs so far are just shared with foil, can slaw, the occasional rusty bottle cap and the older rectangular pull tabs as far as regularly occurring targets in most trashy parks. The two gold rings I found were in that range and were unmistakable dig me now responses.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 4/30/2022 at 12:57 PM, Jeff McClendon said:

I am not trying to mislead anyone here. I just used common re-occurring  aluminum trash items.  Bits of foil and aluminum can slaw can appear absolutely anywhere in the range shown in the photos.

Of course your not misleading anyone. I actually love these comparison chart tests. [i don't want to do them] 
Just an observation, Where is the Zinc Penny in the legend test? 

Also, I have concluded that the Equinox does in fact the BEST job of separation of keeping gold in a slot that works. If one were to slot out everything 21 and above they would lose little gold. Heck, in 4 years I have never found a piece of gold 20 or above. 

The Deus is a nightmare, it splashes gold all over the place, and the legend mixes it with crown caps and zinc pennies with gold [i suspect]  

38 minutes ago, midalake said:

Of course your not misleading anyone. I actually love these comparison chart tests. [i don't want to do them] 
Just an observation, Where is the Zinc Penny in the legend test? 

Also, I have concluded that the Equinox does in fact the BEST job of separation of keeping gold in a slot that works. If one were to slot out everything 21 and above they would lose little gold. Heck, in 4 years I have never found a piece of gold 20 or above. 

The Deus is a nightmare, it splashes gold all over the place, and the legend mixes it with crown caps and zinc pennies with gold [i suspect]  

Zinc penny is 41/42 if they are in decent shape so they are not included in the Legend VDI photo.  

I have found two gold rings using the Equinox that were 22s so I would be careful notching at 20 and above.

Don’t know about the Deus 2 yet. I never could get anyone to tell me if it up averages, down averages or just does a double zero on borderline targets so I can’t say if notching out the high end of the target ID scale would be a safe bet or not

You and I both know what the Equinox tends to do in black sand/iron mineralization.

So far, discounting what has been coming from a certain source…… the Legend behaves very much like the Equinox 800, including very stable target IDs. The biggest differences between them for coin/jewelry is the Legend expanded low/mid range target IDs which actually make the trash/gold overlapping issue LESS of a problem on the Legend and the extra tone (6 tones) which make it easy to set tone breaks to match US coins and most gold jewelry. 

• Like 5