Up In Idaho. Yes, It's A State.

Lost Scout

Stopped lurking and joined. I've done a smattering of detecting for a while. A few small nuggets and interesting trash. Life was always pushing me in other directions. BUT then my fiance said " you've mentioned metal detecting in Nevada. Why don't we go down there while the snow finishes melting here?" "Umm, ok. I get if you don't like it. We can always break off and go do something else. Not everyone is into swinging a stick over the desert." I repeated this several times. And ended up having a great ten days of not finding anything! Well, trash and and a good quartz crystal. But she really enjoyed it. So I bought her an Equinox 800 for her birthday. Then a week later I bought one for myself ( I was impressed. ) To round out my " tools needed". For the last four weeks we have been learning the machine and hunting our yard ( house built in 29 ) and locale lake beach and boat launch on the Salmon river. Didn't mean to be this long winded. And I only type with one thumb. A few of our finds. The axe head was a few years ago. Gb2 and blew my ears out. Any way this is cool site.KIMG0118.thumb.JPG.bf84c5f560ff5ca827e937cc095fc219.JPG

• Like 5

Welcome Lost Scout, thanks for jumping in with finds! The Equinox is a great detector as you have doubtless found. 🙂 Awesome that you have a lot of places to hunt, and a fiance that likes it too. 👍

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum LS as we always like to see people share their finds and you have some nice ones in the picture.

I only have one real question for you and that is " are you sure that Idaho is a real state, because I had a Idaho potato with my dinner".

Just kidding about that and I know that you will find some really good information on the 800 in the Equinox forum.

Good luck and good hunting.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, rvpopeye said:

Welcome aboard .   Nice axe  , history channel theorists agree it might be Templar.....:cool: 

Ahhh... And I thought it was the Vikings who followed the Salmon runs...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Lost Scout said:

Thanks just read your post on the civil war hunt. Really cool. Maybe someday I'll take a trip to the east.

Finds where I am are a departure from Civil War, I do find things occasionally but my area is primarily Colonial and Victorian. I have to travel about 100 miles west to get the CW stuff. 😀 My entire detecting history is on this site.

• Like 1

Welcome LS,

Happy you found us! And sounds like you are off to the races; and with a hunting partner no less! That's great!

No experience in the gold fields for me, but my 800 does a fine job at beaches and inland sites! Nothing wrong with sticking with the stock programs, as it can get confusing messing with customized ones right away! Keeps the frustration level to a minimum!

Good luck, and finds, for you both!🍀👍👍