Prog 6 Deep High C

brys

in a gary article in TH mag he mentions its good for woodland which i do ,his comments are strange ''a much slower program that needs to be used with caution as it has a lot more punch ,quite possiby too much for some situations'' ,and recomends it  for clean soil and woodland

how deep on woodland is it??

whats that all about ??

45 minutes ago, brys said:

in a gary article in TH mag he mentions its good for woodland which i do ,his comments are strange ''a much slower program that needs to be used with caution as it has a lot more punch ,quite possiby too much for some situations'' ,and recomends it  for clean soil and woodland

how deep on woodland is it??

whats that all about ??

Because Deep HC uses 4 khz and 14 khz it runs better when you hunt with a slow swing while hunting. I used it in the deep woods today and it gives a better ID with a slower swing. When the frequency is down to 4khz it punches deep in the ground and it takes slightly longer to process the signal. Another great program for the woods is the Park program with the factory notches taken out. I believe it runs 12 khz and 24 khz.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mudwhale said:

Because Deep HC uses 4 khz and 14 khz it runs better when you hunt with a slow swing while hunting. I used it in the deep woods today and it gives a better ID with a slower swing. When the frequency is down to 4khz it punches deep in the ground and it takes slightly longer to process the signal. Another great program for the woods is the Park program with the factory notches taken out. I believe it runs 12 khz and 24 khz.

Pretty good summary but with some inaccuracies.

Pretty Accurate: Deep HC does punch deep and favors high conductors because of its frequency profile (4.76 khz and 14.3 khz) and lower than average reactivity for the non-beach modes.  Not good for areas with high trash target densities (hence woodlands).

Not So Accurate:  Deep targets do not take longer to process. 

But they are more easily bypassed at depth due to their reduced signal strength and profile, so going slow is a better approach with this mode.  

Park runs 8 and 24 khz.

More info on the frequency combos used by the Deus 2 programs below...

• Like 2

D2 with Deep HC set is a depth monster! As long as you’re looking for HC targets,  obviously. On low conductors targets, in mineralized soils as well, it sucks...obviously! 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

Pretty good summary but with some inaccuracies.

Pretty Accurate: Deep HC does punch deep and favors high conductors because of its frequency profile (4.76 khz and 14.3 khz) and lower than average reactivity for the non-beach modes.  Not good for areas with high trash target densities (hence woodlands).

Not So Accurate:  Deep targets do not take longer to process. 

But they are more easily bypassed at depth due to their reduced signal strength and profile, so going slow is a better approach with this mode.  

Park runs 8 and 24 khz.

More info on the frequency combos used by the Deus 2 programs below...

Chase

I used the wrong word, "Processed", instead of Transmit and receive speed. The processing time is the same but the transmit and receive signal is slower with lower frequencies. I played with this with my Nokta Impact testing swing speed using 4khz and 20 khz over a buried 4" silver quarter. 20Khz hit it at any swing speed. 4 khz only saw and ID'd it with a slower swing speed. 4 khz missed it completely with faster swing speeds. Between 20 khz and 4 khz is a factor of 5 in speed. Sorry for the miswording as I can see how it could be confusing.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, brys said:

discrim at 7 or do you reduce  it ? for woodland

If I am running 3 tones, I disc at 6. If I am running full tones I set the disc at 3 so I can just start to hear the iron.

• Like 1